Nopiano

£100 off Bluesound Node 2i

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 01/10/2020 at 11:04, Nopiano said:

This may mean a new model is imminent

Just returned from the dealer.  He says new model NOT imminent.  He said there was a huge back log of devices that could not be brought to market because of supply chain disruption.  Dealers in turn stopped recommending the product as they had no idea when they could take delivery. In fact he said the Benelux distributor was against the discount, but after the U.K., Germany and France signed off on the deal they had no choice.  He says it's to relieve high inventory back pressure and recapture some market share. Simply the bearer of tidings am I.

Edited by ChemMan
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

All makes sense. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a Node 3, possibly with USB out, is in the pipeline. Should anyone considering buying a Node 2i hold off then? I’d suggest not. For how long might one wait/miss out on 2i goodness? What if the imaginary 3 is sonically no better than the 2i anyway? And while the introduction of a 3 would hammer used prices of the 2i, it wouldn’t actually make the 2i sound worse!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a Node 3 came out with usb out I’d buy it in a heartbeat. I have two components with an absolutely top DAC. But that’s only USB. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2020 at 13:53, ChemMan said:

Just returned from the dealer.  He says new model NOT imminent.  He said there was a huge back log of devices that could not be brought to market because of supply chain disruption.  Dealers in turn stopped recommending the product as they had no idea when they could take delivery. In fact he said the Benelux distributor was against the discount, but after the U.K., Germany and France signed off on the deal they had no choice.  He says it's to relieve high inventory back pressure and recapture some market share. Simply the bearer of tidings am I.

While that all sounds entirely plausible, it could still be a b/s story put out to back up an effort to shift remaining stock, prior to a new version being released.

We won't know for sure until it happens....or doesn't.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, High 5 said:

While that all sounds entirely plausible, it could still be a b/s story put out to back up an effort to shift remaining stock, prior to a new version being released.

We won't know for sure until it happens....or doesn't.

5

It's due a discount anyway, from memory many dealers were doing the Node 2i for around £400 last year or early this year. I think there will be a new model within the next 12 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, High 5 said:

While that all sounds entirely plausible, it could still be a b/s story put out to back up an effort to shift remaining stock, prior to a new version being released.

We won't know for sure until it happens....or doesn't.

5

Certainly possible. I trust my guy and his view.  With that said, the manufacturers keep the news of new models pretty close to the vest for obvious reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2020 at 02:31, Ceko said:

If a Node 3 came out with usb out I’d buy it in a heartbeat. I have two components with an absolutely top DAC. But that’s only USB. 

Your DAC is USB only?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StingRay said:

Your DAC is USB only?

Yes. It’s built into my amplifier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ceko said:

Yes. It’s built into my amplifier.

Seems a bit odd, so how do you connect a CD player to your DAC?

Edited by StingRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Seems a bit odd, so how do you connect a CD player to your DAC?

I don’t. My CD player has a DAC of its own. Also a very good one by the way and coincidentally also only USB :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

@CekoUse an spdif to usb unit, usually used the other way round but see no reason why it shouldn't work to convert coax to usb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Lurch said:

@CekoUse an spdif to usb unit, usually used the other way round but see no reason why it shouldn't work to convert coax to usb. 

I'm not certain but I suspect a given device will only work one way, so its either an spdif (RCA) to USB convertor or a USB to spdif convertor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I asked this in another forum I believe and until now it seems impossible or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

There are no current SPDIF/TOSLINK to USB  adapters that I am aware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.