My new Focal Elegia’s

1FFFDB13-256E-46FB-8A65-4F623021CA18.thumb.jpeg.1118981fec60311020f8c874dbde91ee.jpeg
I’m a bit worried the headband in time will discolour?

A8817B56-E9F2-47B1-BB71-D6D2AB268EE3.thumb.jpeg.292a0264573269942318854c0677c9e8.jpeg

The build quality is excellent. Considering I’ve only plugged them into my phone using Tidal, the sound quality is fantastic. Added bonus the price was discounted because I think they are now discontinued. Very happy with my purchase.

22 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

Focal are really making some decent looking headphones how do you find the sound? And how do they compare to the Meze?

The Elegia’s are brighter in sound compared to the Meze Neo’s. The 99 Neo’s are a lovely set of headphones build quality exceptional, however the metal frame if knocked will transmit to both cans. However my Sony MDR-1A’s can give both Elegia and 99 Neo’s a run for their money in sound and especially comfort. No fatigue during long listening sessions.

I had the MDR-1A, lovely cans, bit of a warm bath though I thought, which wasn't always a bad thing. Music was nice and smooth and they did have good resolution, I was always just left wanting them to cut through a tad more though. The MDR might have been the most comfortable over ears with leather (or whatever) pads I've ever worn as well. I went to Audio Technica MSR-7 from those and they cut through, phenomenal detail prob the best I've ever heard from any headphone, I can see why they compare those to the Senn HD800, trouble was I didn't find them enjoyable overall with music.

I had the Meze as well and they weren't a bad all-rounder but not a keeper for me, I thought there was better to be had. I like the Focals but they are expensive, still wouldn't mind trying a few though.

I did consider the Focal Clears but I’m glad I talked myself out of committing buying them, way to much for myself to spend on headphones. But I should imagine would sound amazing for open back headphones. I’m happy with the Elegia’s and the drop in price made it even better. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.