its.paul

Perkune Audiophile cables

I bought a new Ayre Dac recently & had an interesting experience, the seller ended up being the owner of Perkune Audiophile Cables and after chatting for a bit, Paul Goodwin (owner) asked me to try one of his Usb cables & if i liked it I could purchase. A long story short, I bought it after trying for just a few days. and it replaced my Nordost Heimdall usb cable. A very noticeable improvement .After chatting some more with Paul, I agreed to have him send me on a power cable of his. The Reference cable. When it arrived at my home in its own flight case and upon opening,  the sheer scale thickness/quality was remarkable. I must say I have only ever had mediocre power cables, 100-200$ kimber and Furutech, I had always been a little sceptical about the difference these can make on one's system. But looking at Paul's reference cable, I thought well if anything it's worth a try. Put simply I was blown away at how different the music sounded coming from my Proac's. It was already very good & this power cable especially plugged into my Ayre dac made everything sound even better. Just cleaner/clearer with better bass definition & a soundstage that made the music arrive into my living room, as though the speakers were invisible. In all honesty there was such a leap in performance.. I also tried it with my Moon 700i amp and I noticed a significant jump in performance over my kimber cable, but ultimately I felt my system sounded better with it plugged into my Dac .The owner Paul is a gentleman who has a coloured history in the music business hailing from London & now resides in Vilnius, Lithuania where he has set up his own high end audio cable company &  is very passionate about all that he does & has great faith in his handmade  products. If anyone is interested, have a look at his website here,  https://perkune.com/             Where Paul is always willing to chat about all things hifi. Or contact me if you would like to trial the reference power cable,

I can post it to anybody interested, on the pretense you will post it back😀

• Like 1

Super Dealer
14 hours ago, its.paul said:

I can post it to anybody interested, on the pretense you will post it back

So you don’t expect it back?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

So you don’t expect it back?

I think Google translate has a bit of trouble with Lithuanian

Super Wammer

He’s been very quick to publish your testimonial, Paul.  Are you selling them now?

I was intrigued by this section:-

• Anti-static pads (ASP) The slow build-up of static charges is an insidious problem that undermines the performance of all audio and AV systems—flattening perspectives, dulling colours and inhibiting dynamics. We all know it’s there, but we either ignore its impact. And, the solution was to fit Anti-static pads to the cables

To be honest, this makes as much sense to me as CD Demagnetisers, but maybe I’m just not using my imagination enough?

• Haha 1

If you could prefix future posts with #advert next time that would be great. Thanks a lot

On 03/10/2020 at 06:19, kernow said:

If you could prefix future posts with #advert next time that would be great. Thanks a lot

Not an Advert. Just writing about an experience  with a new product, as many others have done through this forum in the past. Thanks a lot.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, its.paul said:

Not an Advert. Just writing about an experience  with a new product, as many others have done through this forum in the past. Thanks a lot.

But most people don't then loan the product out to members on a forum.

You just have 1 of each cable?

Edited by StingRay

I suggest many of us could be forgiven for questioning the status when you add a comment like: "Or contact me if you would like to trial the reference power cable."

To be fair, purely in my opinion that is exactly not the sort of thing someone "writing about an experience with a new product" would write.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why not loan it out?? The owner gave me a loan of it in the first place. I have only got the one power cable. I wont be loaning out the Usb cable that I purchased from Paul at Perkune.

The power cable is a seriously good product that made a significant difference in my system. Paul has told me that if anyone else would like to try it, work away. I suppose he would like as many people as possible to try the cable & he enjoys getting feedback.

I am not selling the cables

I am not a dealer

I am not related to Paul.

Just spreading the word of an excellent product, well that was the intention.

Thank you all.

8 minutes ago, its.paul said:

Why not loan it out?? The owner gave me a loan of it in the first place. I have only got the one power cable. I wont be loaning out the Usb cable that I purchased from Paul at Perkune.

The power cable is a seriously good product that made a significant difference in my system. Paul has told me that if anyone else would like to try it, work away. I suppose he would like as many people as possible to try the cable & he enjoys getting feedback.

I am not selling the cables

I am not a dealer

I am not related to Paul.

Just spreading the word of an excellent product, well that was the intention.

Thank you all.

OK, thanks for clarifying. So the cable is the loan one from Perkune?

It is making more sense now.