Any experience of Scott Nangle Audio?

robbie010

Anyone bought from this supplier before?

I bought and paid for a replacement stylus on Monday and have heard nothing since. 

A quick google search and it seems there are quite a few disgruntled customers!? 😳

Bought a MOFI Dire Straits LP from him, quick delivery and no issues.

• Like 1

If he's got it, you'll get it. If he hasn't but is still showing it 'in stock' you might have some fun....

From the forum threads I have seen, if the goods don't turn up just go straight to your credit card company for a refund. There's no point in chasing the guy. 

Mixed bag for me... has been terrible in the past but the last three of transactions (back end of last year) swiftly arrived and were very keenly priced too :) 

I have also seen similar queries in various forums over the years.  I concluded he’s not very focussed on keeping customers updated, but he doesn’t actually seem to fiddle anyone out of their goods.  Patience may be necessary, but it’s a shame as he’s keenly priced. 

• Like 1

Bought a few LP’s for him, never had any issues.

However I’ve not bought any pieces of Hifi from him.

As per Myles, if he has it in stock you will get it, if not you will wait....and wait....and wait....

You may be able to hassle to get a refund but I bet a lot just give up...

• Upvote 1

I use him occasionally for hard to find records. Never had a problem. It is a stretched one man business with lots of return customers and communication is a weak point. You can log in to your account and check the status of your order but It it is rudimentary. He doesn’t send notifications when the order is dispatched.

Edited by culturecrammer

Crap website and poor comms as already mentioned. I ordered a small quantity of LP sleeves to try and he emailed to say it wasnt worth his toruble to ship them. Won't bother again. being too busy is no excuse.

Thanks all. 

I’ve now had confirmation of shipping so hopefully all will be well. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mondie said:

Crap website and poor comms as already mentioned. I ordered a small quantity of LP sleeves to try and he emailed to say it wasnt worth his toruble to ship them. Won't bother again. being too busy is no excuse.

That is frankly shit.

• Upvote 3

I got a phono stage off him for better than RRP and it arrived quickly.  I am aware some other people have had issues with him though

Ordered a basis signature dust cover 2 weeks ago ...not heard from them as yet

kindest regards Julian 

8 hours ago, bigrod said:

Ordered a basis signature dust cover 2 weeks ago ...not heard from them as yet

kindest regards Julian 

Emailed and got a reply ..waiting for it to come in .. couple of weeks he says ..