Any experience of Scott Nangle Audio?

robbie010

I ordered a few bits and bobs from him a while back, the order came to around £20. I don't know if it is still the same, but the order and payment process was very strange and involved ordering, then waiting for an email with a link to an online payment page. I was very close to not putting my card details in, as it seemed very unsecure.

I never got the order, chased a few times, never got a reply and then threatend small claims. At this point I did get a reply from Scott saying that the order had been sent. I asked for proof of delivery but was told Royal Mail only keep records for 4 months (or words to that effect).

I then realised that for £20, I should move on and put it down to experience.

3 minutes ago, Kmap said:

I ordered a few bits and bobs from him a while back, the order came to around £20. I don't know if it is still the same, but the order and payment process was very strange and involved ordering, then waiting for an email with a link to an online payment page. I was very close to not putting my card details in, as it seemed very unsecure.

I never got the order, chased a few times, never got a reply and then threatend small claims. At this point I did get a reply from Scott saying that the order had been sent. I asked for proof of delivery but was told Royal Mail only keep records for 4 months (or words to that effect).

I then realised that for £20, I should move on and put it down to experience.

If you paid by credit card you should claim from them , as goods were never received.

I have read loads of bad reports about him so I have never placed any orders but if I did I would pay by credit card and then if not received within a decent amount of time then cancel the payment.

Edited by StingRay

Hi @StingRay,

Thanks for the advice, I paid by debit card, unfortunately, so I don't think I am covered. Luckily it was only a small amount.

I do find it quite hard to believe that SN is still in business, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Kmap said:

Hi @StingRay,

Thanks for the advice, I paid by debit card, unfortunately, so I don't think I am covered. Luckily it was only a small amount.

I do find it quite hard to believe that SN is still in business, to be honest.

You may still be covered, I would check.

He probably has been quite busy with lockdown as more people are ordering online. 

1 minute ago, StingRay said:

He probably has been quite busy with lockdown as more people are ordering online. 

I might check with my bank and find out.

You are probably right, sadly I bet he has been busy this year.

2 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Does he have a physical shop front? I thought he was an online only type seller, but I might be wrong.

However, and this is a novel idea, he should enlist some help if he is struggling with the amount of business he is getting. It's just damaging to ignore communication, take ages to get stuff out and 'appear' to be selling stuff he doesn't have in stock.

As for promoting his own wares on the likes of PFM and Hoffman, you watch when people ask for buying advice.  

25 minutes ago, myles said:

Does he have a physical shop front? I thought he was an online only type seller, but I might be wrong.

However, and this is a novel idea, he should enlist some help if he is struggling with the amount of business he is getting. It's just damaging to ignore communication, take ages to get stuff out and 'appear' to be selling stuff he doesn't have in stock.

As for promoting his own wares on the likes of PFM and Hoffman, you watch when people ask for buying advice.  

I think you misunderstood my comment, as far as I know he is just online.

I think he has been like this for a long time, having read reviews going back many years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kmap said:

I might check with my bank and find out.

You are probably right, sadly I bet he has been busy this year.

I think the relevant bit of the Consumer Credit Act strictly applies only to credit cards, but most banks extend similar protection to debit cards in the interests of customer satisfaction. More here...

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act

Nangle's appalling customer service is nothing new:

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?31865-What-if-a-substantial-records-order-goes-wrong-Advice-needed&highlight=nangle

He must have the greatest number of packages go missing in transit than any other business on the planet.

Edited by killie99
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nopiano said:

I think the relevant bit of the Consumer Credit Act strictly applies only to credit cards, but most banks extend similar protection to debit cards in the interests of customer satisfaction. More here...

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act

Thanks for the information and advice. I will look into this.

On a positive note, I guess £20 is a small price to pay to learn this particular lesson. 

• Like 1

Mixed bag for me... has been terrible in the past but the last three of transactions (back end of last year) swiftly arrived and were very keenly priced too  
Why continue to shop with him then?

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

On 07/10/2020 at 22:41, Lawrence001 said:

Because his prices are keen? And he's not out to con anyone. I was after a cartridge and he suggested I try an Ortofon Quintet Blue, no obligations. I did, it didn't work with my arm and I returned it. No questions asked. Not sure how many dealers would do this.

On 07/10/2020 at 22:41, Lawrence001 said:

What Reformed Audiophile said... great prices... and to repeat, my last three high value transactions were fulfilled promptly and without issue :) 

As others have mentioned, if it is in stock, you don't normally get any issues,

I bought a Project Pre-Box RS from him, no issues. A follow up order of some replacement parts for my RCM never arrived. I got a refund after chasing him up a few times.

Inconsistency is the issue here; he may deliver on 60% of his orders (at a guess) but the other 40% have to spin the wheel of fortune. Just tell us if it's in stock - if it isn't we can choose to wait for it to come in or order elsewhere.

Can you imagine if any bigger online company operated like this? I haven't even mentioned his hit and miss communication policy.