Sign in to follow this  
kelly200269

Thanks to Mobile Fidelity!

I’m just listening to the 45rpm MOFi remaster of Billy Joel’s ‘Songs in the Attic’ for the first time.

I’m just floored... I’ve never heard this album in this way before. It’s beyond reproach.

MOFi may have issued some lemons over their lifetime, but this ain’t one of ‘em! :D

51817C3E-6D35-4183-9BB5-BB2441FD8A25.jpeg

Edited by kelly200269
  • Like 1

Thanks for bringing this LP to our attention. There are some real gems in the MoFi catalog, several of them recently released. Last night I was listening to this MoFi:th.jpeg.7c51563c56b16aecb57e1e617b79ecc0.jpeg

Excellent Sound and Music..even though it was originally a digital recording, but this one mastered by Stan Ricker. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

I managed to get hold of one of their ‘Ultradisc’ titles, ‘The Nightfly’ by Donald Fagan. It is, by far, the best I’ve heard vinyl sound. 

88E3E3D1-6EB5-403D-9D1F-CDCF5F034363.jpeg

• Upvote 2

To change side every 10 minutes is quite annoying though!

38 minutes ago, Matteo said:

To change side every 10 minutes is quite annoying though!

But it keeps you on your toes ... :) 

David

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, kelly200269 said:

I managed to get hold of one of their ‘Ultradisc’ titles, ‘The Nightfly’ by Donald Fagan. It is, by far, the best I’ve heard vinyl sound. 

Interesting, I do not own that particular One Step. It is the only one so far that was taken from the original Digital master. The other One Steps are all analog as far as I know, and IMO the Bill Evans Portraits in Jazz, while good, is eclipsed in SQ by several Music Matters LP's that i also own. Perhaps, like I posted above, a superb digital original master has a great potential if given the MoFi treatment.

Edited by Daveyf
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 10:57, kelly200269 said:

Hello Kelly, I have The Nightfly too, my problem is, I daren't take it out of the original plastic sleeve!! My LP12 is gagging to play it!!

20 minutes ago, stupra said:

Hello Kelly, I have The Nightfly too, my problem is, I daren't take it out of the original plastic sleeve!! My LP12 is gagging to play it!!

I had that problem at first. I think it stayed shrink-wrapped for a few months?

Hint: A couple of glasses of wine help with the ‘unboxing’! ;-)
Just remember to treat it gently? It’s probably worth over £300 by now:

E9486277-7083-47F3-9510-818B9530C3A0.png

Edited by kelly200269
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
On 11/10/2020 at 19:31, Daveyf said:

Perhaps, like I posted above, a superb digital original master has a great potential if given the MoFi treatment.

I wish they’d release a streamable or downloadable version, however, as it does seem rather pointless to insert a lossy medium such as an LP pressing in the middle of a digital production.  I don’t doubt it sounds fabulous though, and even better than my original LP from when it was first released. 

3 hours ago, kelly200269 said:

I had that problem at first. I think it stayed shrink-wrapped for a few months?

Hint: A couple of glasses of wine help with the ‘unboxing’! ;-)
Just remember to treat it gently? It’s probably worth over £300 by now:

E9486277-7083-47F3-9510-818B9530C3A0.png

LOL, I have the same problem with my copies of the One Step Bill Evans Sunday at the Village Vanguard! 

No issue opening the others though, although if I owned the Santana Abraxas....YIKES!

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this