griffo104

modding HD600

Modding my HD600, Copper Damping rings around the drive units, new cable to be able to go balanced with the Sabaj DA3. These headphones really opening up now.

IMG20201008231430.jpg

Edited by griffo104

Let's see some picks of the insides. Wouldn't mind getting my HD650s to open up a bit. Have just sold my HD700s and miss the wider soundstage.

Edited by Lawrence001

Nothing to really see inside, you can see the copper ring in the photo. It sits on the drive unit, nothing more to it. Adds bass weight.

Going balanced, which is just a cable change, makes use of the higher output from the balanced output of the Sabaj. All nice and simple.

Edited by griffo104

I've got enough bass weight in my HD650s it can just sound a bit muddy at times compared to some others (although it adds a nice bit of warmth when required). Would just like to tighten it up a little without losing the heart of the sound signature so to speak. (So I don't want to make them sound like HD600s.)

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

This is the copper rings. I've never been happy with the bass from the HD600, it sounded nice but I like more weight to it

https://customcans.co.uk/s/s/index.php/headphone-modding-service/headphone-damping-mods/hd600-mass-loading-mod.html

Certainly on the the HD600 it takes a couple of mins to do the update and you can take them off again if you don't like the change. 

Thanks is that the price for a pair? I'll have to check if anyone has tried them with the HD650.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

yes that's the price per pair. I haven't tried any of the supplied foam inserts simply because I'm quite enjoying the changes. 

Thanks for the heads-up.

I've ordered a pair and will report back.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.