Sign in to follow this  
toms wait

guilty pleasures

Recommended Posts

ok I'll have to bring out the big guns.

I love this song so much, it never ceases to put a smile on my face. It's in Finish, I can't understand a word they're saying, I have to watch it at least 3 times back to back, just once isn't enough.

everything about it is great, it's live, the dynamics of the members, the enjoyment they get out of singing.

yum yum yum.

I bought their album just for this 1 track but honestly I just have to watch it on youtube, the performance makes me so happy

if you don't like it you're dead inside!

Edited by Phobic
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zen Monkey said:

I love a good Bollywood song, especially when the videos are lavish. Stuff like this just gets me smiling:

What about this?  xD

5 hours ago, Phobic said:

ok I'll have to bring out the big guns.

I love this song so much, it never ceases to put a smile on my face. It's in Finish, I can't understand a word they're saying, I have to watch it at least 3 times back to back, just once isn't enough.

The Finnish are a funny group as witnessed by the Finnish VCR guy with the bowl cut :o :

Some of the other Nordics are a bit funny as well.  Here is a Klassik from Sweden by Günther & The Sunshine Girls :bouncey: :

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, savvypaul said:

Half Man Half Biscuit are the greatest band in the world. The rest on your list are cack, though...esp. Genesis

that's the spirit, you are wrong of course except about HMHB:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Klassik said:

What about this?  xD

The Finnish are a funny group as witnessed by the Finnish VCR guy with the bowl cut :o :

Some of the other Nordics are a bit funny as well.  Here is a Klassik from Sweden by Günther & The Sunshine Girls :bouncey: :

disappointing no :bouncey: will have to find them somewhere, the sunshine girls

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Klassik said:

What about this?  xD

The Finnish are a funny group as witnessed by the Finnish VCR guy with the bowl cut :o :

words fail me.

for anyone tempted to watch it, don't, it's basically all just this guy reading the make and model of each of his VHS recorders with the odd comment on how good the mechinism is, or that he's lost the remote control for that one.

the biggest question I have in my mind is why did you have this VHS video bookmarked?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is weird I could only watch for 10 secs but hey meat and poison and all that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Phobic said:

words fail me.

for anyone tempted to watch it, don't, it's basically all just this guy reading the make and model of each of his VHS recorders with the odd comment on how good the mechinism is, or that he's lost the remote control for that one.

the biggest question I have in my mind is why did you have this VHS video bookmarked?

Who wouldn't have it bookmarked?  The video has 1,800,000+ views!  :o  And for good reason.  There's the amateur bowl cut, the amateur green screen, the vertically stacked VCRs, and music which completely doesn't fit the theme of the video.  It pretty much sums up Finland.  xD

If you're looking for the Finnish VCR guy to sing, well, here you go.  It's in Finnish though, but it seems to be some kind of anti-tobacco rap.  xD

Edited by Klassik
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Klassik said:

Who wouldn't have it bookmarked?  The video has 1,800,000+ views!  :o  And for good reason.  There's the amateur bowl cut, the amateur green screen, the vertically stacked VCRs, and music which completely doesn't fit the theme of the video.  It pretty much sums up Finland.  xD

If you're looking for the Finnish VCR guy to sing, well, here you go.  It's in Finnish though, but it seems to be some kind of anti-tobacco rap.  xD

I've been to Finland a few times, he's not drunk and naked in a sauna or naked in the snow, I demand a recount!

I think "rap" is stretching it a bit, he's talking over a drum machine :)

even so I think he might have a chance in the next rolling stones top 500...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phobic said:

I've been to Finland a few times, he's not drunk and naked in a sauna or naked in the snow, I demand a recount!

I think "rap" is stretching it a bit, he's talking over a drum machine :)

even so I think he might have a chance in the next rolling stones top 500...

That Finnish guy does have a video which is about as famous and popular as that VCR video where he is probably drunk in the morning.  :o  He has a computer power supply in his kitchen sink and he makes all kinds of nonsensical statements in English while he makes coffee.  I would post it here, but he makes a racist statement during the video.  :S  So, no, I won't post it, but it's not hard to find the video. 

As for the anti-tobacco rap, him winking to the camera like that before the video shows that he has the charisma of a Tom Jones.  Ok, maybe not.  xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zen Monkey said:

I love a good Bollywood song, especially when the videos are lavish. Stuff like this just gets me smiling:

I can't understand a word they're singing about but I quite get the lascivious look on the blokes face as he's watching these fit Indian lasses prancing about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit to liking the ladies in the vid:P so many similar looking I wondered if it was one made to look like 31

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, toms wait said:

I must admit to liking the ladies in the vid:P so many similar looking I wondered if it was one made to look like 31

"They all look the same" ;)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ultimate guilty pleasure song xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.