gasolin

Nad d 1050 usb dropout

Many times my Nad D 1050 makes my twitch stream freeze (not me that are streaming), sound goes away and i have to turn off my dac or disable it in windows and enable it again when i use usb.

Optical theres no problem 

What is going on ? I don't have the remote if i need it to turn off,disable something that turns off my dac, what ever it is that effects my sound when i use usb. 

I had a problem using usb into my D1050 from a Mac book pro, it kept dropping the right channel.  It turned out the cable was too long (5m), replaced it with a 0.75m cable and all was good.  Not sure if that helps ? 

4 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

Have you got another USB cables you could try, say off your printer?

Yeah, like that's gonna give a decent sound......

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Yeah, like that's gonna give a decent sound......

No, but it might be a cheap way of isolating a fault. 

just trying my other qed performance graphite, i have 2 cables, 1.5 and 2 meter, i have it wrapped around the tubes on my hifi rack since my pc is next to it (full tower) , than i have more control of the length

Shouldn't make a difference that i wrap it around the tubes

1 minute ago, gasolin said:

just trying my other qed performance graphite, i have 2 cables, 1.5 and 2 meter, i have it wrapped around the tubes on my hifi rack since my pc is next to it (full tower) , than i have more control of the length

Shouldn't make a difference that i wrap it around the tubes

Personally, I would try a different cable type and avoid wrapping it around any metal tubes as that could cause a form of inductance and interfer with the signal. 

7 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

No, but it might be a cheap way of isolating a fault. 

I see you have the sense of humour bypass operation.....

5 minutes ago, Shadders said:

I see you have the sense of humour bypass operation.....

Not at all, I can clearly see you are a joke. 

On 15/10/2020 at 20:35, gasolin said:

Many times my Nad D 1050 makes my twitch stream freeze (not me that are streaming), sound goes away and i have to turn off my dac or disable it in windows and enable it again when i use usb.

Is it just the audio that freezes, or the video too?

21 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Is it just the audio that freezes, or the video too?

The video stream freezes too, it just do that when i lose connection between my pc and dac, sometimes it goes away and comes back after a few sec

I want to use usb because of this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/battle-of-s-pdif-vs-usb-which-is-better.1943/

Edited by gasolin

I'll be honest I'm at a loss as to why a USB audio connection would cause a video stream to stop. How repeatable is it that you have this problem with USB and not with Toslink?

Note that your ASR link specifically states that whilst USB it technically slightly better than Toslink the differences shouldn't be audible. I wouldn't worry in your position if you did just end up using Toslink, particularly as I doubt Twitch uses the highest audio quality to begin with?

youtube can also freeze when the audio stops.

Nad has made it so you don't need any usb driver so it's plug and play

Also the dac do cut the sound if theres is no sound from my pc and when i start something with sound it clicks and enables the sound a sec or 2 later, like it goes innto a standby mode or some sort of power saving mode when using usb, that i don't experience when i use optical from my pc

Edited by gasolin