gasolin

Nad d 1050 usb dropout

23 minutes ago, gasolin said:

No problems using toslink,optical as i have with usb.

i don't switch back from usb to toslink,optical with both cables plugged in at both ends but i do have problems  with usb, i don't think it's related to usb 2.0 vs usb 3.0 

Can you please just swtich back and forth between the two options a few times (only having one connected at a time) to see if you reliably have issues with USB and not with Toslink. From what you've written it really isn't clear if we can rule out an internet issue or not. Trying on one day/time with one option and another day/time with another can't do this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

That’s looks like enough, unless you have a large family!

no

Why not just use toslink. Seems to be an usb issue which I don’t understand.

l did a google search and there are various similar reports but all different set ups, could be a drivers Windows compatibly issue or numerous other causes, as I’ve said before computers are not a great way to stream music, I’m glad I changed to a streamer.

Edited by StingRay
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, StingRay said:

as I’ve said before computers are not a great way to stream music, I’m glad I changed to a streamer.

Do you know a streamer that supports Twitch?

twitch,youtube, vlc,wmp,tidal hifi and the usually film streaming service and tv.

Personally i don't get a steramer when you have a pc,tablet,phone

I had 1 sec dropout using my optical cable  other than that it dosn't pause in the same way as usb and doesn't click all the time, it goes into some standby mode (or what ever it is) with no sound, then a few sec later when i play something to click and 1-2 sec later, theres sound.

i like the sound, the nad d1050 is surpose to be a little bright and i feel my nad c316bee is a little dark sounding, so they compliment each other

Despite that im looking to se what there is on affordable dac with coaxial,optical and usb input (under 100 euros, something like a topping dac)

3 minutes ago, StingRay said:

I did find this: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nad-d1050-dac-usb-dropouts.766518/

seems the problem was caused by his fridge. 

Have seen that link, mine does it using usb even when i play music,sounds

14 minutes ago, gasolin said:

twitch,youtube, vlc,wmp,tidal hifi and the usually film streaming service and tv.

Personally i don't get a steramer when you have a pc,tablet,phone

I had 1 sec dropout using my optical cable  other than that it dosn't pause in the same way as usb and doesn't click all the time, it goes into some standby mode (or what ever it is) with no sound, then a few sec later when i play something to click and 1-2 sec later, theres sound.

i like the sound, the nad d1050 is surpose to be a little bright and i feel my nad c316bee is a little dark sounding, so they compliment each other

Despite that im looking to se what there is on affordable dac with coaxial,optical and usb input (under 100 euros, something like a topping dac)

Streamers are not expensive, if you are just using a desktop system then a pc makers sense, otherwise I would consider a streamer. You can control everything on a iPod, iPad, phone or tablet. I had various problems with my pc, some by due ti Windows 10, I’m not sure. But anyway I don’t have them anymore. Pc can go into another room, I don’t really want that in the living room. 

6 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Streamers are not expensive, if you are just using a desktop system then a pc makers sense, otherwise I would consider a streamer. You can control everything on a iPod, iPad, phone or tablet. I had various problems with my pc, some by due ti Windows 10, I’m not sure. But anyway I don’t have them anymore. Pc can go into another room, I don’t really want that in the living room. 

You seem to be ignoring that streamers typically don't play most of the things that @gasolin wants?

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

You seem to be ignoring that streamers typically don't play most of the things that @gasolin wants?

Maybe this should be posted in the computer section then, I’m talking about playing music not games. You could probably stream most of those anyway. 

14 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Maybe this should be posted in the computer section then, I’m talking about playing music not games. You could probably stream most of those anyway. 

Who mentioned games? I watch lots of music videos on YouTube for example, via my TV connected via Toslink into my hifi. 

15 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Who mentioned games? I watch lots of music videos on YouTube for example, via my TV connected via Toslink into my hifi. 

What is Twitch for then?

i can stream YouTube on my streamer.

Edited by StingRay

Twitch is also for music

I watch 3 hours of music every friday on twitch

• Like 1