orbscure

Interesting North London venue to visit

Super Wammer

Given the current COVID level in London, now isn’t a particularly good time to be pointing members to places where gatherings are know doubt soon to be limited again. However, during a trip out North of the Thames, I had cause to visit this intriguing venue...

The Dartmouth Arms is in NW5 and has this interesting vintage set-up... and the wall furnishing below shows the system schematic...

581D11BF-CC79-4705-AC56-FBB5D4A7418F.thumb.jpeg.ef130f73a986c34e132239b25bdbb0b5.jpeg

Whilst this is some of the hardware in situ...

7EA990C0-CBDC-4880-B253-79B2DCAF1EE4.thumb.jpeg.d5061d86cd7fdda22b9587e4396cf64c.jpeg

Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough time to stay and enjoy any music or food... but more details can be found via the link below and I definitely plan to visit again, as and when the world allows...

https://www.disappearingdiningclub.co.uk/dartmouth-arms

Perhaps a good venue for a post COVID London meeting... 🥳

Edited by orbscure
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Lovely, absolutely lovely. Those Dittons look gorgeous.

Though I am puzzled why they have 2 x 405-2's and 2 x 405's, rather than 4 x 405-2's... especially as one of the 405's is also driving a pair of 44's. 

Edited by Headcoat
  • Upvote 1

Good find Sir.:cool:

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Next time I’m ‘in the smoke’, it’s a definite. Looks a lovely venue. 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

My pleasure... it was a cosy venue and given the current situation, it’s being used as a work hub by the locals... they’re lucky to have such a great “office” environment, albeit, without the music... definitely a revisit is in order 😎

It's a lovely pub that. In a nice area too: lots of other proper pubs nearby, along the edges of Hampstead Heath and Highgate: can't think of many better areas in London to go for a bracing walk and a bit of a pub crawl to get properly WigWammed :pint:

• Haha 1

Nice. I'll have to check it out when I'm in the area. Looks ike a rodec rotary mixer on the shelf. 😎

Good to see some pubs and other places paying a bit more attention to the sound system. Ive been to brilliant corners in dalston for a classic album Sunday (daft punk's discovery) and was really impressed by their system. 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
12 hours ago, Headcoat said:

Lovely, absolutely lovely. Those Dittons look gorgeous.

Though I am puzzled why they have 2 x 405-2's and 2 x 405's, rather than 4 x 405-2's... especially as one of the 405's is also driving a pair of 44's. 

Maybe they are early 405.1 units ?

7 minutes ago, bencat said:

Maybe they are early 405.1 units ?

Possibly. Couldn't understand using 405-1's when almost everyone says 405-2's are superior. 

Super Wammer
On 16/10/2020 at 11:25, Headcoat said:

Possibly. Couldn't understand using 405-1's when almost everyone says 405-2's are superior. 

Thank you so much as someone who uses two 405.1 in an active system I will need to have a rethink . Then again as they play such sweet music will just leave them were they are .

• Upvote 1

Given the current COVID level in London, now isn’t a particularly good time to be pointing members to places where gatherings are know doubt soon to be limited again. However, during a trip out North of the Thames, I had cause to visit this intriguing venue...
The Dartmouth Arms is in NW5 and has this interesting vintage set-up... and the wall furnishing below shows the system schematic...
581D11BF-CC79-4705-AC56-FBB5D4A7418F.thumb.jpeg.ef130f73a986c34e132239b25bdbb0b5.jpeg
Whilst this is some of the hardware in situ...
7EA990C0-CBDC-4880-B253-79B2DCAF1EE4.thumb.jpeg.d5061d86cd7fdda22b9587e4396cf64c.jpeg
Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough time to stay and enjoy any music or food... but more details can be found via the link below and I definitely plan to visit again, as and when the world allows...
https://www.disappearingdiningclub.co.uk/dartmouth-arms
Perhaps a good venue for a post COVID London meeting...

That first picture must be the most confusing ever. I cannot figure out what is up/down and wall/floor/ceiling!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, bencat said:

Thank you so much as someone who uses two 405.1 in an active system I will need to have a rethink . Then again as they play such sweet music will just leave them were they are .

Apologies. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
18 hours ago, Headcoat said:

Apologies. 

Sorry your view is just as valid as mine and i think I was hurting a bit so got defensive , your apology says more about your character than my sarky answer , Thank you .

• Upvote 2

On 16/10/2020 at 11:25, Headcoat said:

I agree, but what happens if you want to set up a system in your pub and you can't get 4 off 405.2s? If you can get 2 off each it'll do. It may be that you have a "discerning clientele" but even so, is anyone going to notice (or care) that much?

It's a bit like using "modelling" guitar amplifiers ... those of us who own a Plexi or two know what they sound like but Joe Public just goes to a gig (if HMG lets him) and hears a raunchy rock guitar sound and he can't tell the difference between a real Plexi and a "modelled" one. 

• Upvote 1