Griff500

DAC / Pre Amp setup for SCM40A

Super Dealer
20 minutes ago, Camverton said:

There are some really knowledgeable posters on ASR but on that m-scaler thread, assuming we are talking about the same one, the rant and preach brigade completely dominated.

The rant and preach brigade is a great description. The level of ignorance on that thread is rather surprising but some of the threads on that site are not really in favour of letting facts get in the way of a jolly good rant. The amount of mocking condescension and bullying on there is also disgraceful. Anyway, back to Griff's search . . . .

7 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

The rant and preach brigade is a great description. The level of ignorance on that thread is rather surprising but some of the threads on that site are not really in favour of letting facts get in the way of a jolly good rant. The amount of mocking condescension and bullying on there is also disgraceful. Anyway, back to Griff's search . . . .

There is a lot of bullies on here also 

The only difference is most over at ASR don't believe in bs

Edited by Bokke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Dealer
3 minutes ago, Bokke said:

It doesn't seem to stop them using bs though. The amount of faux science clap trap is woeful.

Super Dealer
1 minute ago, Fourlegs said:

It doesn't seem to stop them using bs though. The amount of faux science clap trap is woeful.

Irony?

Keith

8 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Ok then please show me faux science used at ASR

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, PuritéAudio said:

Absolutely try it in your own system, but ask a friend to switch it in and out of circuit, otherwise cognitive bias takes over.

ASR is a BS resource, you can easily see why fabulous manufacturers hate it.

Keith

Fixed it for you

Oh dear.. this thread is going in the usual direction again like a movie. There’s some pro and antagonist like, some heroes and villains then the police (mods) will show up before the end.😀 Where’s my popcorn:pop:

Edited by Iceman 16
  • Haha 4

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Bokke said:

Did you mean to imply (I can't interpret it any other way but it may just be bad phrasing on your part) not only that the Wam has its bullies - I'm sure most forums do - but that most people on the Wam DO believe in bs? That's quite a statement if so.

1 hour ago, Fourlegs said:

It's an american site!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Did you mean to imply (I can't interpret it any other way but it may just be bad phrasing on your part) not only that the Wam has its bullies - I'm sure most forums do - but that most people on the Wam DO believe in bs? That's quite a statement if so.

Why don't you read the whole conversation in context and stop putting words in my mouth.

And thanks for correcting my grammar 

Maybe English isn't everyone's first language.

Would you like me to hand in my posts for you to mark?

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

I have only heard the ‘dave’ and m-scaler at a clients, there isn’t really a discussion because a high percentage of contributors at ASR actually understand the technology, understand measurements and how more importantly  they correlate to sound quality.

Re streamers I am not suggesting you use a laptop although it is by far the most versatile, but that there  will be no difference in SQ between a £30 Pi or a £12k or whatever ‘streamer’ if both connected to the same properly engineered dac.

Before I started PA I was just like everyone here, believed everything the dealer/manufacturer told me, I didn’t consider for a moment that they wouldn’t be telling the truth.

Keith

Does PA stand for Patronising Audio by any chance? or Perfectly Arrogant?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Does PA stand for Patronising Audio by any chance? or Perfectly Arrogant?

No it's a secret code for hypocrisy

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, Bokke said:

Why don't you read the whole conversation in context and stop putting words in my mouth.

And thanks for correcting my grammar 

Maybe English isn't everyone's first language.

Would you like me to hand in my posts for you to mark?

I have, thanks, and I didn't. See below.

Not sure I corrected anything.

Maybe it's not.

No, but answering a straight question might be helpful. You said there are bullies on the Wam. You said the difference (I presume "from the Wam") is that most people on ASR don't believe BS. The only logical conclusion I found I could draw was that you thought most people here do believe BS. Rather than putting words in your mouth, I simply asked whether that was what you meant. You could just have said "No".

Super Wammer
Just now, Bokke said:

No it's a secret code for hypocrisy

It could just be!

Super Dealer
1 hour ago, PuritéAudio said:

Irony?

Keith

3 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

Before I started PA I was just like everyone here, believed everything the dealer / manufacturer told me, I didn’t consider for a moment that they wouldn’t be telling the truth.

Ah, yes that is irony.