Griff500

DAC / Pre Amp setup for SCM40A

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If you're considering separate streamers and DACs then a Bluesound Node 2i or Stack Audio Link would be other options to consider at least having a listen to. Both are cheaper than the options you've been considering but have fans here and elsewhere.

Apparently the Node 2i is a good option. I wonder if it's better than my Aries Mini to use as a streamer without using it's DAC.

7 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

Vega V2,

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/auralic-vega-g2-streamer-and-dac-review.10986/

ASR have measured a few of the Auralic units and they are good, I wouldn’t expect there to be any improvement in sound quality though, only price.

Keith

Between the G2 and G2.1 I don't think anything has been done to alter the sound quality. Hopefully some dealers are upgrading their demo to a G2.1.

I do think the Vega G2 is an interesting option and a serious contender.

8 minutes ago, Griff500 said:

Apparently the Node 2i is a good option. I wonder if it's better than my Aries Mini to use as a streamer without using it's DAC.

I was forgetting you had that actually. Good question.

Just now, MartinC said:

I was forgetting you had that actually. Good question.

As long as the streamer is doing just that and not doing anything with the file other than send it to the DAC then it should be fine, but I'm sure there's more to it than that.

I use the SBooster with my Aries Mini, if that makes a difference.

• Like 1