Phobic

Must read threads

9 hours ago, MartinC said:

That's a different point to what we responded to :).

Audiophiles are strange creatures, including yours truly. You and Cno said (paraphrasing) the same enjoyment can't be had from bargain bucket systems. I think you can, and here's my reasoning: Anyone can get used to any system over time, whether it's the good, bad or the ugly. 7-8 months ago if someone said to me face masks would be made compulsory I would probably have said "yeah, right."

When I had to sent the Pulse back to Leema many years ago, I used my trusted old Arcam Alpha 7. Was it as good as the Leema? no, of course not. But after two weeks I got used to it, and like masks, you adapt.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

Audiophiles are strange creatures, including yours truly. You and Cno said (paraphrasing) the same enjoyment can't be had from bargain bucket systems. I think you can, and here's my reasoning: Anyone can get used to any system over time, whether it's the good, bad or the ugly. 7-8 months ago if someone said to me face masks would be made compulsory I would probably have said "yeah, right."

When I had to sent the Pulse back to Leema many years ago, I used my trusted old Arcam Alpha 7. Was it as good as the Leema? no, of course not. But after two weeks I got used to it, and like masks, you adapt.

You've got this backwards. I queried why you choose to spend money on expensive hifi if you don't think it increases your enjoyment of music, and you just seem to be adding further weight to this question being relevant.

I hope in truth you actually do gain more enjoyment from music because of the system you have :)

8 hours ago, MartinC said:

You've got this backwards. I queried why you choose to spend money on expensive hifi if you don't think it increases your enjoyment of music, and you just seem to be adding further weight to this question being relevant.

I hope in truth you actually do gain more enjoyment from music because of the system you have :)

I actually started up thread about this last year, in which you participated in. My views have always been consistent.

Clickety