Paulssurround

What Would Complement Linn’s Product Lineup?

I have always wondered if Linn could build an Akurate 5200 amplifier, to power speakers such as passive 242’s, 225’s, Akubariks, and so on

An ability to purchase a set of optional new columns for the bottom of the Akubariks, near the Isobarik drivers, in black, 

‘Optional Linn mains leads, such as what Naim offers, that are better than the basic supplied mains leads.

Optional Linn Blacks and Linn Silvers Ethernet cables, for purchase, or perhaps Linn branded Exaktlink cables

‘Trampoline-like platforms for placing under Linn electronics, to mitigate vibrations, much like the Trampoline does for the LP-12

‘A published list of Linn recommendations for torque values on the speaker drivers for different Linn speakers. 

Linn videos available on-line that show you how to do Space Optimisation from start to finish, speaker levelling and speaker positioning, setting up a network and NAS, connecting an Exakt system properly, Tune-Dem, Setting up an Akurate Exaktbox I showing how to do proper connections with the speaker wires, a list of recommended reference music for setting up the system, explaining what the Linn owner should listen for when making adjustments.

‘Space Optimisation version 3, with available custom filters.

‘Bring back the analog Klimax Kontrol and Akurate Kontrol, as they still compete with some of the best available for sound quality. I believe it could attract Linn buyers that don’t want to go the Exakt route.

What do you think would be a great addition to Linn’s lineup?

• Like 4

Great idea for a thread, hope Linn R&D are reading!

SOv3 with custom profiles 100% yes please

Bring back Linn subs

A cheaper more affordable version of the Series 3 with Alexa integration

Speakers that use different types of technology, would love to see a new Linn horn or Electrostatic speaker

A Linn tablet control point

Linn Akubarik feet or base which raises the height, I'm tall and the speakers are too short :(

Edited by Phobic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phobic said:

Linn Akubarik feet or base which raises the height, I'm tall and the speakers are too short :(

Buy a lower seat?

:roll:

‘troll

• Haha 3

Forget the HARDWARE at present - the SOFTWARE is about 5 years behind the physical products at present, that is what LINN should be concentrating on. The previous idea from PHOBIC of a LINN DEDICATED TABLET CONTROL POINT gets my vote. Phones are too small and PC's are a hassle to switch on/use just to play music. Trouble is if they stick the LINN LOGO on it will be £999.99. :(

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, HIGHWAY61 said:

Forget the HARDWARE at present - the SOFTWARE is about 5 years behind the physical products at present, that is what LINN should be concentrating on. The previous idea from PHOBIC of a LINN DEDICATED TABLET CONTROL POINT gets my vote. Phones are too small and PC's are a hassle to switch on/use just to play music. Trouble is if they stick the LINN LOGO on it will be £999.99. :(

A decent control app that is supported by all common operating systems would be a start.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

I have always wondered if Linn could build an Akurate 5200 amplifier, to power speakers such as passive 242’s, 225’s, Akubariks, and so on

An ability to purchase a set of optional new columns for the bottom of the Akubariks, near the Isobarik drivers, in black, 

‘Optional Linn mains leads, such as what Naim offers, that are better than the basic supplied mains leads.

Optional Linn Blacks and Linn Silvers Ethernet cables, for purchase, or perhaps Linn branded Exaktlink cables

‘Trampoline-like platforms for placing under Linn electronics, to mitigate vibrations, much like the Trampoline does for the LP-12

‘A published list of Linn recommendations for torque values on the speaker drivers for different Linn speakers. 

Linn videos available on-line that show you how to do Space Optimisation from start to finish, speaker levelling and speaker positioning, setting up a network and NAS, connecting an Exakt system properly, Tune-Dem, Setting up an Akurate Exaktbox I showing how to do proper connections with the speaker wires, a list of recommended reference music for setting up the system, explaining what the Linn owner should listen for when making adjustments.

‘Space Optimisation version 3, with available custom filters.

‘Bring back the analog Klimax Kontrol and Akurate Kontrol, as they still compete with some of the best available for sound quality. I believe it could attract Linn buyers that don’t want to go the Exakt route.

What do you think would be a great addition to Linn’s lineup?

Next up will be the larger Class-D power amplifiers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Buy a lower seat?

:roll:

‘troll

spoken like a true shortarse!

I have no desire for my legs to be at odd angles thank you very much

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

A headphone amplifier.

Have more streaming services connected to the automatic interface (beyond Tidal and Quobuz).

Bluetooth streaming fro DS products so, for those who wish, wireless headphones can be used. (I much prefer wired).

• Like 1

Best integration of Qobuz (with the Linn app, you can't still sort your favourite albums by artists ...).

And yes, a SO tutorial could be useful.

M.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Center speaker(s)

Subwoofer(s)

Passive Akubariks (!)

A new Akurate passive 3-way floorstander at around £6k

Komri replacement

Updated control point software for iOS and Android - but not the tablet itself

Amazon Music integration

Refresh the entire Majik speaker line with 2-way designs

Replace Akurate Exaktbox6 and Exaktbox10 with Akurate Exaktbox Selekt that allows the channels to be individually purchased configured up to 10 channels - so it can be configured with 7 channels to be used with a 2-way centre, 2x 2-way rears and a sub, for example

And, just to keep the OP happy, a Hawaiian Kloth for the Series 5

Edited by sunbeamgls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phobic said:

spoken like a true shortarse!

The funny thing is, I’m 6’3”... 

’troll

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Johannes said:

Next up will be the larger Class-D power amplifiers.

I'm also pretty sure that the amplifier range is likely to be overhauled next given the quality now available in Class D and the investment in new circuit board kit at the factory.

I'm still a bit surprised that they haven't brought out an Axis 2.0 but maybe the market just isn't there despite the ongoing vinyl buzz.

• Like 1

A new passive floor stander, somewhere between the 140 and 'bariks

and +1 for bringing back the pre-amps.

Just think the power amps need a refresh

• Like 1

Yes an Axis would make sense as well as a 2 way speakers entry range. Linn went overboard with channels & it’s now wonder Exakt haven’t taken off. It just requires too many channels.

But most importantly the lok. & feel and the usability of their software still is lacking. This needs to be bettered.

• Like 3

A new CD player :D

I think Linn could add a lot of products to the range, but they will not, because they do not "believe" in certain technology anymore like CD, or analogue preamp, or analogue active speakers. 

I also understand that they have to limit their product portfolio. However, I find that portfolio quite anemic today. Lots of product types have been ditched the last few years. 

I don´t "believe" in streaming, so they will not sell me a DSM....