Phobic

Calling all lurkers

This probably describes me. I was around right at the beginning of this forums creation, it was, I seem to recall, an off-shoot from the old HiFi Choice website forum? Its been so long now that I can't honestly remember. 

I don't post on here much these days as I don't really have much to talk about when it comes to hifi. My equipment is generally at the lower end of the scale, and I don't really have any intention of climbing the ladder, so to speak. I don't have a lot of money, and my house is relatively small and end terrace so there's a limit to what I can do.

That said, I'm still very much into the hobby, but I just don't upgrade as much as I used to hence I don't tend to hang around forums like this now.

I also still have an account on pinkfishmedia and head-fi, although I visit those even less than I do here!

Edit: Joined July 2005. I feel old now :D

Edited by Geordie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bencat said:

Complete hi jack of the thread I know but i have recently had one of those  DNA tests done and it said I was 41% Celtic , 40% Scandinavian ,16% Iberian , 3 % Italian , so I am very confused . Nice to think that I would qualify as a Viking though.

The 41% Celtic is like a strong Chilli Powder - it will overpower the other ingredients.

...and yes I know, it's  :ot:.....but that doesn't mean it's not :goodone:

Edited by CnoEvil

2 hours ago, bencat said:

Complete hi jack of the thread I know but i have recently had one of those  DNA tests done and it said I was 41% Celtic , 40% Scandinavian ,16% Iberian , 3 % Italian , so I am very confused . Nice to think that I would qualify as a Viking though.

What about the 25% single malt ...?:dunno:

Super Wammer
52 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

What about the 25% single malt ...?:dunno:

Think that forms a large part of the Celtic origins

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Geordie said:

I don't really have much to talk about when it comes to hifi

Me neither and I got 20,000 posts , there is a lot more going on than hifi .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was a classifieds lurker, until someone said that what they hated most was people who were joining just to take advantage of the often generously cheap prices that members sold at. At that point, I realised that they were talking about me- so I started to pitch in with questions, then progressed to a bit of (limited) advice, then suddenly, I’d been a member for over 10 years....🤪

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Snoopdog said:

Guilty as charged!

With only 327 posts over a 15 year membership of the Wam, I could certainly be classified as a 'lurker!'

you're not a lurker, these are the lurkers....https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/online/ 

image.thumb.png.080697ac482be24109df0baf66c59ad8.png

3 hours ago, Snoopdog said:

Just one thing ............ I am retired, but when I look at the post count of some Wammers (some of whom contribute across multiple forums) I just don't know where they find the time and manage to work, listen to music and engage in all the other activities that life throws at us!

I'm 1 of them :)

I was a early adopter of the internet - mid 90s for me, and I've had computers for almost all my life. I've pretty much always got a computer with me and open whatever I'm doing, so its very easy to keep a WAM webpage up and throw a post out in a few seconds (I can touch type very fast...). I find computer + hifi a match made in heaven.

I think for the generation that's younger than me it's even more normal for them to have a phone/tablet/computer and to be doing exactly the same thing.

This probably describes me. 

no it doesn't, you've posted! :) 

I don't post on here much these days as I don't really have much to talk about when it comes to hifi. My equipment is generally at the lower end of the scale, and I don't really have any intention of climbing the ladder, so to speak. I don't have a lot of money, and my house is relatively small and end terrace so there's a limit to what I can do.

That said, I'm still very much into the hobby, but I just don't upgrade as much as I used to hence I don't tend to hang around forums like this now.

I spend most of my time here talking about music, not gear

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phobic said:

I spend most of my time here talking about music, not gear

You were once upon a time able to look at your posting areas , I think it may have been taken away the last time there was a forum platform change . I remember the Music section being at the top of my list with 10,000 or so and at the bottom I had 1 post in DIY .

• Like 2

Klassik is a lurker at most Hi-Fi forums Klassik visits.  In fact, Klassik was lurker at the WigWam for over a year.  Klassik was actually literally 4'33".  :D  While Klassik is still a lurker just about everywhere else, Klassik is an active poster at the WigWam.  Klassik is sure that all of the WigWam is rejoicing about that.  :party:

3 minutes ago, Klassik said:

Klassik is a lurker at most Hi-Fi forums Klassik visits.  In fact, Klassik was lurker at the WigWam for over a year.  Klassik was actually literally 4'33".  :D  While Klassik is still a lurker just about everywhere else, Klassik is an active poster at the WigWam.  Klassik is sure that all of the WigWam is rejoicing about that.  :party:

This reminds me a lot of Caesar referring to himself in the third person in his The Gallic Wars.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Le Baron said:

This reminds me a lot of Caesar referring to himself in the third person in his The Gallic Wars.

Consider it to be the Commentāriī dē Klassiko;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Le Baron said:

This reminds me a lot of Caesar referring to himself in the third person

Yeah, well, we know how that worked out for Caesar :whistle:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Le Baron said:

Blimey - That reminds me of studying Scullard's "From Gracchi to Nero", circa 1977. 

Good contribution - raising the calibre of the posting on here. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CnoEvil said:

raising the calibre of the posting on here. 

Is that even possible?

• Haha 1