they are all the same! politicians!

The Czech Prime Minister Babiš has just asked for the resignation of the Health Minister Prymula; or he will sack him!

Why?

Tabloid newspaper Blesk! photographed him leaving a restaurant (that should have been shut under Prymula’s Covid rules) not wearing a mask (also mandatory under Prymula’s regulations)!  Restaurant was open for high-profile guests only (illegally)!

It doesn’t matter who they are, or where they are, does it?

• Like 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your position relies on complete conjecture, with not a shred of evidence (that I can see) to back it up. Tarring everyone with the same brush, means you might as well assume I'm a "Thick Paddy", just

It's an excellent point, isn't it? Thoroughly excellent! So true!

The media has been 'interfering' with elections in the US for as long as there have been newspapers and other forms of media.  In the old days, the newspapers were essentially political party newslett

Usually, after they've been 'sacked' or asked to resign, they are put to work out of the public eye for a while until they can be recycled again.

Let's remember that the current home secretary of the UK has been effectively sacked once and yet there she is again in a top cabinet position spreading her incoherent and backward ideologies.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Le Baron It does seem that Joe Public also has a short memory and will actually vote for people who he voted out 2 elections ago because of the trouble they caused.

I hate generalisations....as I don't think it's fair to tarnish those with integrity - and there are still those with integrity.

We are going through a global phase atm, where populism and Dictators rule, giving the impression that they are all the same.

Politicians are like bananas - they start off green and straight but they invariably end up yellow and bent.

Who was it that said "Politicians are like nappies, they should be changed frequently and for the same reason"?

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

I hate generalisations....as I don't think it's fair to tarnish those with integrity - and there are still those with integrity.

We are going through a global phase atm, where populism and Dictators rule, giving the impression that they are all the same.

Probably a fair appraisal on the whole. Though the people who have made themselves known by deliberately assisting these bounders ought not to be rehabilitated as having merely 'followed orders' or 'only done their best in a difficult situation'. There are too many comebacks from crooks in politics. I was appalled to see Oliver Letwin around Cameron's cabinet table & then he goes on to be seen as some sort of Brexit debate hero, all his murky past washed away.

In politicians, integrity + competence = a constant.

Society suffers equally, given equivalent levels of corruption and incompetence

It therefore doesn't matter how, or if, you vote.

I wish this were not true, but it's been looking like it for as long as I can remember.

1 minute ago, Le Baron said:

Probably a fair appraisal on the whole. Though the people who have made themselves known by deliberately assisting these bounders ought not to be rehabilitated as having merely 'followed orders' or 'only done their best in a difficult situation'. There are too many comebacks from crooks in politics. I was appalled to see Oliver Letwin around Cameron's cabinet table & then he goes on to be seen as some sort of Brexit debate hero, all his murky past washed away.

It doesn't help that moderate Tories have been marginalised, chased out of the Party, or have left Politics altogether. What we have now is BlueKip.

My guess, is that when all this disaster plays out, the Tories will be consigned to the wasteland for a decade, or more.

At some point, I expect to see Politics coming back to the Centre ground - In Labour's case, Centre Left.

Here and in America, we need to see the grownups take charge.....and imo That is what it will take for these Countries to start the healing process.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Le Baron said:

It probably will go that way, though personally I have no regard for Labour's centrists because they are clueless monetarists. Before anything can change centrism needs to forget the economic quackery of the last 40 years.

One step at a time. Step 1 - Get rid of the lying, arrogant, self serving F/wits.

Are they monetarists because they are clueless or clueless because they are monetarists?

Just now, CnoEvil said:

One step at a time. Step 1 - Get rid of the lying, arrogant, self serving F/wits.

If you did that, there would be none left. Nobody else wants the job. Thomas More's Utopia was an interesting idea ...

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

It doesn't help that moderate Tories have been marginalised, chased out of the Party, or have left Politics altogether. What we have now is BlueKip.

My guess, is that when all this disaster plays out, the Tories will be consigned to the wasteland for a decade, or more.

At some point, I expect to see Politics coming back to the Centre ground - In Labour's case, Centre Left.

Here and in America, we need to see the grownups take charge.....and imo That is what it will take for these Countries to start the healing process.

Don't totally agree with your comments on moderate Tories being chased out.  Think you believe anyone associated with Brexit must be a right wing extremist?   Regarding America, Biden has raised over $140 million in the last week.  It in the main comes from rich business interests.  We see internet media companies interfering in the Presidential Election.  Dangerous times for democracy over there. One thing is certain, the rich contributors will expect payback if Biden gets in!

• Haha 1
Just now, audio_PHIL_e said:

If you did that, there would be none left. Nobody else wants the job. Thomas More's Utopia was an interesting idea ...

Give me Starmer over Johnson any day of the week.