Phobic

flu jab fun

I've just been and got my flu jab and had a little giggle with the people at the surgery that I thought I'd share.

I'm literally the last victim on the list and I'm greeted by what appears to be a setup designed to handle testing for a zombie invasion, I'm ushered through a 1 way system by at least 20 staff to finally arrive in a large empty surgery with 6 nurses, 2 doctors & 3 admin staff, and no other patients.

me "you didn't all need to come out just for little old me"

as quick as a flash a nurse responds "we thought you were bringing cake"

After being stabbed in my arm and loosing most of my blood I'm on my way out and say "I'll bring cake next time"

Same nurse "good, make sure you do, I'll write your name down to check"

Edited by Phobic
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Phobic said:

I've just been and got my flu jab and had a little giggle with the people at the surgery that I thought I'd share.

I'm literally the last victim on the list and I'm greeted by what appears to be a setup designed to handle testing for a zombie invasion, I'm ushered through a 1 way system by at least 20 staff to finally arrive in a large empty surgery with 6 nurses, 2 doctors & 3 admin staff, and no other patients.

me "you didn't all need to come out just for little old me"

as quick as a flash a nurse responds "we thought you were bringing cake"

After being stabbed in my arm and loosing most of my blood I'm on my way out and say "I'm bring cake next time"

Same nurse "good, make sure you do, I'll write your name down to check"

We had a mass vaccination session at the local village hall this week - it's kind of a running joke that whatever event is on at the hall it will involve cake, but unfortunately, not on this occasion!

Your lucky. It was just me and one nurse with a big mask in our surgery. What did the rest of the staff know that I didnt ?

I had a twenty minute walk to the surgery in pouring rain to get my 'flu jab. Went in and what should be playing on the radio but It's Raining Men. 

Has a duet with the nurse as she did the deed! 

• Haha 2