Beyond you

Tidal connect now released

I only found out about Tidal connect this morning, did anyone realise?

https://tidal.com/Connect

643E7A49-B5ED-4E13-B349-48F8286D9B8D.thumb.jpeg.096c76e189af7f2c46f517dce4d49a88.jpeg

49B9DCEC-3382-4EDF-8217-5410D36290FF.thumb.jpeg.71f68edb1cae67439c6afe487612bbe6.jpeg

Edited by Beyond you

So tidal isn’t washing powder then ?

• Haha 3

It's been discussed in the miniDSP and Linn sections but possibly not in 2 Channel :).

Is it working on your Powernode 2i OK? I don't think I've seen feedback from anyone who has actually used it yet.

Edited by MartinC

Easy to use

433A1FFF-3D93-4AB3-AD57-F23177CA5114.thumb.jpeg.fc004e28909061dc0c4acb4e154f4c4a.jpeg

Super Wammer

Is this their own version of Airplay and similar? I get a "The link is inactive" message when following that hyperlink

Edited by Jules_S

5 minutes ago, Jules_S said:

Is this their own version of Airplay and similar? I get a "The link is inactive" message when following that hyperlink

It's essentially their version of Spotify Connect. So it allows you to use the Tidal app for control but the streamer still directly connects to the internet to stream the music. I think Airplay is different in that the actual audio stream goes via the phone/tablet?

Edit: the link works for me.

Edited by MartinC

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, MartinC said:

It's essentially their version of Spotify Connect. So it allows you to use the Tidal app for control but the streamer still directly connects to the internet to stream the music. I think Airplay is different in that the actual audio stream goes via the phone/tablet?

Ah, got it, thank you. :)

Super Wammer
9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I could use Tidal to stream to my Auralic before this Connect version. Just don’t get what it’s meant to do. But there again the DS App sounds better so am just curious. 

1 minute ago, DomT said:

I could use Tidal to stream to my Auralic before this Connect version. Just don’t get what it’s meant to do. But there again the DS App sounds better so am just curious. 

It allows you to use Tidal's own app, like Spotify Connect lets you use Spotify's own app. Whether this is of interest to anyone will depend if this is better than the alternatives they have or not. For me it would actually be a big step up over the rather poor Volumio Tidal interface that I currently use.

I’m using it on a Node 2i. It works though not quite as well as Spotify Connect. It can lose contact with the player so it keeps playing but isn’t controlled by the app. You go back in BluOS to stop it. 
The native Tidal BluOS functionality is pretty good. It’s probably better to use that at the moment. It’s progress though. I would like Tidal to make some headway. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if volumio will support tidal connect?

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

It's essentially their version of Spotify Connect. So it allows you to use the Tidal app for control but the streamer still directly connects to the internet to stream the music. 

Aha! Well, well. Fancy that. 

Spotify Connect, eh? 

I was rather surprised a few weeks ago when I'd forgotten what was connected up and I suddenly realised I was controlling Spotify streaming from my laptop using my phone, and not the Bluetooth connection I thought was dialled in. 

Now it (kind of) makes sense. 

I tried it with Qobuz, thinking I'd discovered a neat trick that is generally applicable, but that didn't work. Now I know why! :)

We live and learn. Sometimes. 

Edited by JANDL100