LP12 Service recommendation

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Karousel thread. If you are able to get this upgrade done at the same time, you won’t regret it. It’s probably the biggest bang for your buck you can get for you LP12. You won’t be able to stop listening 😊

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Monkey Wrench said:

There are four within striking distance

Ian at Billy Vee Sound Systems in Lewisham

Ray at Grahams Hifi in Islington

Alan at Soundstage Hifi in Cockfosters 

Colin at What You See and Hear in Beaconsfield

Any of the above will give you exactly what you are looking for

I haven't been to London in 20 years but know of all of these dealers. :)

I'd add Chris at Hidden Systems in Windsor to Monkey Wrench's list, for two reasons. Firstly, he is probably easier to get to from SW London than the others. Secondly, he built my LP12 and took it through progressive upgrades to Klimax standard; he's owned and worked on LP12s since the 1980s, and is a very competent fettler. 

David 

Edited by DavidHB

I live near Glasgow and my fettler of choice is Peter at CYMBIOSIS.

No point in limiting the quality and consistency of your deck build merely by a very occasional travel as some dealers travel too.

It's not as if it needs fettled continuously if done well.:whistle::minikev:

I wouldn't let anyone but Peter Swain at Cymbiosis within a Country Mile of my LP12! He first set mine up with the Cirkus and Trampolin II upgrade back in 2011 and has been superb with subsequent upgrades (Krystal, Tiger Paw Tranquility, Keel, Radikal).

I expect he will be fitting my LP12 with a Karousel once this Covid malarkey dies down (and when I have enough ££ saved up!).

Edited by DebsE

I've just had my LP12 serviced and upgraded at The Sound Gallery in High Wycombe (which may be travelling distance for you)? I was very happy with the service and advice from the chaps there. Another option closer to home could be Infidelity at Hampton Wick, just across Kingston Bridge.

Aye the guys at The Sound Gallery are pretty good - they upgraded my LP12 to Ittok / Asaka back in the mid 1980s.