Leem

Spaghetti

I've just remembered the name of that supplier, it was Kenable. Never had any hassle with their stuff

I think it’s quite common to have “spaghetti” behind many equipments rack. As long as they are shielded they should be fine;-)

Edited by Iceman 16

Amateurs.

Interconnects? TT to SUT, SUT to phono stage, or solid state phone stage. Second TT to third phono stage. Three phono stages to preamp. Computer via HiFace to DAC. Computer via USB to Topping. Topping to DAC (USB to SPFIF), Topping and DAC to preamp. CD player to DAC. CD player to preamp. Preamp to power amp. Preamp to spare solid state power amp. Spare preamp not connected (yet. I have plans). Reel to rell currently not plumbed in, but that's another four phono cables.

Mains? To power amp. To filter. To distribution strip. Supply cables from filter to DAC, preamp, second TT, Topping, CD player and third phono stage. Supply cables from filter to power supplies for main phono stage and second preamp. Supply cables from distribution block to power supplies for turntable, LED turntable light and solid state phono stage. Umbilical cables from power supplies to two phono stages, spare preamp and turntable. Cable from power supply to LED light.

Speaker cables.

I've probably forgotten something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You could always use what the pros use.

I used to watch in awe as our panel builder used to build complex panels with miles of wire  and finish with it looking neater than my hifi rack.

Or cheap stuff from CEF, CPC or Farnells:

https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/4349454-40mm-x-40mm-open-slotted-trunking-grey-2m-length?gclid=Cj0KCQjw59n8BRD2ARIsAAmgPmJFNvSs8x56hOULGz0Arwr38X7kVmnag6l4_mRWV6hB8IOIgqdubfwaAtFjEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arturo said:

No More Nails does the trick for me 😁9F5CBDAB-C97A-4C5B-A8A3-5F5DA8B96EDC.thumb.jpeg.c76e0c5fbd73f195c41ac4bfd7c2d796.jpeg

What are you running... a black market stock exchange😂

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Nice and tidy... if not discrete... schhh🤫 I heard a whisper... word on the street is they make no difference to sound... hidesbehindsofa.gif.a02ea788aa782c8b1578f0c372aa9854.gif    

... So I decided to shield with some vaccume hose  (the hoover pipe) ... I've managed to minimise dust interference thus far🛡️

09eaa14fc32e717b6cc60b8b21bd53e4.jpg

8c6e4ce09fd3be620c8a2a0563b8e15d.jpg

Edited by 2010*zuma
It's half past five in the morning😴
  • Like 1

Last week I bought a package with 100 pieces of Velcro from Amazon. Best money spent ever.

Weird fact: my wife doesn’t even mind if the cables are like spaghetti... So much for the WAF then.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone,

I’m feeling a need to tidy my cables most of which are longer than necessary. To tidy these it would be necessary to coil them to some degree. I’d be grateful if someone with more knowledge of electronics and electricity than me, i.e. everyone, could advise me of any potential issues that this may cause. I will have to coil not only interconnects but also power cables so any advice on both of these would be very welcome. 

Regards

Hot cables might make a hot sound but I would not recommend, particularly for the power cables.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, rabski said:

Amateurs.

Interconnects? TT to SUT, SUT to phono stage, or solid state phone stage. Second TT to third phono stage. Three phono stages to preamp. Computer via HiFace to DAC. Computer via USB to Topping. Topping to DAC (USB to SPFIF), Topping and DAC to preamp. CD player to DAC. CD player to preamp. Preamp to power amp. Preamp to spare solid state power amp. Spare preamp not connected (yet. I have plans). Reel to rell currently not plumbed in, but that's another four phono cables.

Mains? To power amp. To filter. To distribution strip. Supply cables from filter to DAC, preamp, second TT, Topping, CD player and third phono stage. Supply cables from filter to power supplies for main phono stage and second preamp. Supply cables from distribution block to power supplies for turntable, LED turntable light and solid state phono stage. Umbilical cables from power supplies to two phono stages, spare preamp and turntable. Cable from power supply to LED light.

Speaker cables.

I've probably forgotten something.

show us your cabling Rabski!

is it tidy or did you just give up :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Phobic said:

show us your cabling Rabski!

Nooooo :shock:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Nooooo :shock:

You know how these things run... you show me your's and I'll show you... :sofa:

Edited by 2010*zuma
  • Haha 2

Here's behind my amp and speaker, at 1st glance it looks a bit of a mess because I'm between hifi stands at the moment.

however all the speaker & data networking on the top is separate from the power at the bottom. I've got cables crossing but not crossing power, in fact the main cable in the middle is optical.

Also don't forgot the cables work in 3 dimensions. Where you do need to cross power yes do it at right angles, but don't forget you can put the cable higher up as well :)

image.thumb.png.13de5e463fd4ed3b258855066d5310af.png

Same as Richard here although today I have a minimal approach with just the TT to SUT to Preamp; CD Transport to DAC to preamp; NAS drive to Melco with separate PSU to Ethernet filter to dCS streamer to DAC. Preamps (Three AN M6, Hattor, Pass labs XP 22) to ARC Ref 110 and Transcription Audio 211 amp. And through either cut loose speaker cables to AN E Silver Signature or Transparent Audio Supers to Wilson Audio Sabrinas.

And of course I always tidy up every few weeks with that lot and when are boxes flying in or leaving.

And in our large hall is the rest: Allnic Integrated, Pass Labsx A30.8, etc.etc.etc.

And of course the hifi room at the front with a full AN SET system.  And another bedroom with some stuff.

And as you all know coiling cables is double plus bad as it changes their charactertics so random is best, keeping mains away from signals. And I have mastered random really well.

After my last tidy up session my wife joked we looked more like a hifi shop, which I don't think was meant as a compliment but I'll take it as one.