p2an

CD / DAC / streamer combinations

Being I’m a Primare fan maybe consider one of their one box solutions?

https://www.primare.net/products/cd15-prisma-cd-and-network-player/

C06A8209-12AD-4153-926A-F437E9A379E1.thumb.jpeg.6177f971bfbb774f4c7dafe37062e6b0.jpeg

• Like 1

Recently I pulled the trigger on an Innuos Zen. It has a 1Tb hard drive on board, together with a CD slot. Ripping CDs'could not be easier. The unit is also a streamer, which puts Tidal, Spotify and Qobuz at my fingertips. I am using Tidal and am very pleased with the catalogue and sound quality.

I have just about ripped half my CD collection and can really recommend the Zen. Really easy to use, which is really important as tech is not my strong point and customer support is first class.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, H20gna said:

How about MusicCast CD-NT670D, CD player, streamer, DAC, Bluetooth 

Gary

I use the little Yamaha CD-NT670D mainly for streaming and it is an all round great performer. I liked it so much that I sold my Naim CD5 XS as I think the Yamaha sounds 'nearly' as good. I also use the USB input a lot having put a lot of digital downloads on a memory stick. Good luck in your search.

6 hours ago, p2an said:

i have 250 CDs, so at 700MB per CD that is 178GB. Can I just put them all on a USB stick and use a streamer/dac that has a USB input?

You may need 2 sticks. My 64gb one holds about 80 cds, so a 128gb holds about 160 cds. But do you need to rip them all?

ionly rip ones that are not on the streaming service, also you can get Hires on streamers which maybe better than your cd.

yes of the streamer has usb input, it should work but check it out first before  buying one. 

Novafidelity make a nice range of well regarded all in one units. CD player, ripper, storage, DAC, wifi streamer, radio, phono input and amplifier. Also has a nice display and reasonable app.

https://www.harrowaudiohifi.co.uk/en/novafidelity-x35?gclid=eaiaiqobchmio6ajku3w7aiv1uvtch059qjseaqybsabegiayfd_bwe

2a2a533abaaf4375f1d849bc16c3a4df.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, beermaniac said:

Novafidelity make a nice range of well regarded all in one units. CD player, ripper, storage, DAC, wifi streamer, radio, phono input and amplifier. Also has a nice display and reasonable app.

https://www.harrowaudiohifi.co.uk/en/novafidelity-x35?gclid=eaiaiqobchmio6ajku3w7aiv1uvtch059qjseaqybsabegiayfd_bwe

2a2a533abaaf4375f1d849bc16c3a4df.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks similar to Cocktail Audio. It’s got almost everything that’s needed. 

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, tIANcI said:

Looks similar to Cocktail Audio. It’s got almost everything that’s needed. 

It is Cocktail 

• Like 1

I've gone the NAS route - all CDs are ripped to my PC, converted into a couple of formats, then everything is copied from PC to the NAS drive with the music folders acting as the source for streaming. Its a bit more effort but more flexible. You can then use the streamer & DAC of your choice, either a 2 in 1 or separate DAC and streamer, and of course with everything ripped to a NAS centrally you can have more than one streaming device. Have used a Squeezebox Touch and an M&J unit for streaming, the user interface is the important bit, then the Wadia for DAC and pre-amp duties.

Quite a few here have the Bluesound Node 2i streamer/DAC, worth looking at and there's currently £100 off in most places.