John (big)

RIP Len Gregory "The Cartridgeman"

Having read Len had died on another forum,  I have just spoken to Jean Len's wife apparently  he passed away yesterday evening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Thanks for letting us know John. Very sad.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Very sad news indeed, please pass on my condolences to his family. 

That's very sad news - I spoke to him a number of times when I first got my MMIII - a real character, and a very talented chap

Super Wammer

He was a gentleman and knew his stuff - such a sad loss and my sympathy to his wife and surviving relatives who must be shell shocked as by all accounts it was totally unexpected.   Nice article here and how the journalist found out - very sad  https://www.analogplanet.com/content/len-gregory-aka-cartridge-man-rip

• Like 1

Such bad news - Len was a lovely guy. I visited him a couple of times and had an excellent listening session on his 989s. As well as designing fine cartridges, he had a great knowledge of classical music and could pull out the most amazing and often obscure recordings. I'd been meaning to contact him for a while about a Brahms Cello Sonata recording on Supraphon he played me that was so magical. My sympathies to his wife and relatives.

• Like 4

Sad news indeed, i have probably like many his Hi-Fi News test record that has faithfully served me for many years and set ups , as others have said do pass on my condolances to his wife and family

Len's beautifully enunciated instructions on the HiFi News test record...

Len was a lovely chap. So enthusiastic about what he did  - spoke to him on the phone a couple of times about his carts.
His Music Master development of the MM3 was & is a masterpiece.

That's very sad news. Condolences to his Wife, family and friends.

Super Wammer

Really sad news I did not know him but knew of his work and expertise , best wishes to his family in these sad times.

RIP Len.

Len was a friend of over 20 years, now the bad news has sunk in I realise how much  with another lockdown looming I will miss our monthly-ish   phone chats &  along with others occasionally acting as test Guinea pigs for various things like the Isolator, cartridges etc...  

I visited Len many times at his home in South Croydon and brought my Acoustic Solid TT from him as he had a deal with AS at the time as it was his test bed for the Conductor tonearm which I also ended up buying as well as an isolator, MM Classic and Music Mat (which I still use).

I always found him a most genial man having visited him with my young son on one occasion when his wife, who was/is a children's author, was kind enough to give him a signed copy of one of her books. I think my son was more taken with Len's couple of very friendly dogs though.

His voice will live on with my Hi Fi News test LP. RIP Len.

• Like 2