aptX sender for DAC?

I've got a Chord TT2 coming and it has aptX but only a receiver as far as I can tell. 

Is there a high-quality aptX device that can be used to enable wireless headphones to be used?

I think there's a general assumption that for serious audio you won't want to use a lossy format like BT so you're right there is a bit of a gap here. The best solution I can find is this one. Of course, if you're at home the best quality headphone listening you can do is wired with a decent headphone amp.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Audikast-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Headphones-Black/dp/B07TLHRPDP

I think the general assumption that Bluetooth is broadly equivalent to lossy mediums like MP3 has become a bit outdated now that Version 5 Bluetooth aptX and aptX HD have come along. 

They really are rather impressive to my ears and seem to be very close to CD quality imo.  They provide very plausible and enjoyable playback. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, JANDL100 said:

I think the general assumption that Bluetooth is broadly equivalent to lossy mediums like MP3 has become a bit outdated now that Version 5 Bluetooth aptX and aptX HD have come along. 

They really are rather impressive to my ears and seem to be very close to CD quality imo.  They provide very plausible and enjoyable playback. 

It has come a long way. I was hoping that there was some device that would plug into the headphone output and send the signal by a high-quality bluetooth signal so that wireless headphones can be used.

I can use wired if necessary but the convenience of wireless headphones would be welcome. I might use wired but it would be nice to have the option. I was a little surprised that the bluetooth radio was only one-way rather than two-way, although it wasn't a dealbreaker.

Yes there are plenty the one I picked just came up from a Google search and recommendation on AV forums. I was commenting on the quality of BT relative to hi res meaning that most makers of hi end DACs and headphone amps would not think about including a BT transmitter, but as the format improves there might be a gap in the market for an audiophile version.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

Yes there are plenty the one I picked just came up from a Google search and recommendation on AV forums. I was commenting on the quality of BT relative to hi res meaning that most makers of hi end DACs and headphone amps would not think about including a BT transmitter, but as the format improves there might be a gap in the market for an audiophile version.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Most of those seem to be aimed at watching TV and I was wondering if anyone has come up with something of higher quality.

With the quality that can be achieved through bluetooth these days I agree that there might be a gap in the market - I was hoping someone might have filled it. ;-) 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.