captain_norbs

2 way with Scan Speak Revelator and Hiquophon

3 minutes ago, bobovox said:

Thanks for the update, Adam, looking good. What is the spray finish you are using? My wife and I were talking today about making some Valchromat shelving (red probably) and was thinking about possible finishes. I like the defined grove at the joints as a styling feature - probably hides any misalignment in the joints too?

Yeah the shadow lines are for wonky DIY cabinet work ;) Spray is Morrells 5103/440 which is a 10% a/c satin lacquer that will bring out the colour.

Edited by captain_norbs
  • Upvote 2

Have you considered going active...?

I have a few times and Hypex do a nice self contained module but I sort of like how it all jives together at the moment. When briefly using their nCore power amplifier it did bring something to the mix, maybe more in the top end, but my other half would literally kill me if the lounge is a workshop for another week ;) 

• Haha 1

What cabinet volume do you have, Adam?

They look great BTW.

Edited by bobovox

Thanks :^ These come in at 12 litres compared to the Royd Minstrel which is about 7 litres. The dimensions of the cabinet are identical though as is the angle of tilt. They are about twice as deep. The cabinets if I remember are tuned to about 38Hz - 40Hz to give an F3 around 39Hz. I've got to say in my room there is absolutely no need for a subwoofer at all, the bass is quite rich and exceptionally deep. I didn't opt for much of a bass hump instead went for a natural roll off which suits them. Very smooth presentation, no fatigue, lots of detail from the Hiquophon. Definitely keepers these ones!

• Upvote 1