Ceko

That component you'll never part with

Very difficult question as it's took a long time and effort to get my system sounding right. I love every component and wouldn't swap anything, no matter what the price.

The hardest thing in this hobby for me has been finding speakers I love the sound of but are also a good match for the room. Therefore, for me the component I would keep above all others is my Spendor Classic 2/3 speakers. I've found a good test of speaker driver integration is to stand about 1m away and if the sound of the tweeter differentiates itself and sticks out like a sore thumb then you know it's going to have an exaggerated and irritating top end. My Spendors don't suffer such issues. I found too many speakers suffer this issue. If it's hard to ascertain where the sound is coming from, tweeter or mid driver, with voice then you know the drivers are well integrated.

Next would be my dac, Chord Hugo TT, after that my amp, Moon 330A.

Edited by halloweenman

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, John (big) said:

My Transcriptors made under licence by J A Michell & badged Transcriptors  Hydraulic Reference turn table,  it has round feet Gammons son told me it was made before David Gammon re-located to Carlow Ireland, then finished by John at Borehamm Wood.

My OTA  Quad 57's... 

And I forgot about my Michell Focus ‘S’. Not quite as striking but still amazing. Have had mine from new in 1984.

• Like 1

Components where I'm concerned:-

Audio Origami 12" PU7 tonearm + Van den Hul Black Beauty SPX MC cartridge + Aurorasound Vida phono stage = a match made in heaven

Yamaha NS1000M speakers (with a little help from MiniDSP DDRC-22A)

• Like 1

I'm going with my Schiit Loki's. Strange choice sure; but due to poor hearing, a preference for dropping the upper mids and boosting bass, I wouldn't be without it.

At least until similar is released with an extra dial centred on 5kHz. 

And my Quad S2's which I can't fault.

Edited by Headcoat

I will am keeping at least 2 pairs of Genexxa lx5, likewise some Dovedale 3s, and probably my ESL57s and maybe NS1000s. That's quite a lot already. And my Quad iis because of what they represent, and as art objects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Faithless said:

Like John (big) my J A Michell Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference is here to stay. It is a work of art that I am sure will only appreciate in value.

Both the Quad 57's & the Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference were once exhibited in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, as prime examples of  form following function. 

Edited by John (big)
accuracy
  • Like 1

I've been in this game too long and am too much of a realist to say anything other than I don't currently own anything that is irreplacable.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer
25 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

I've been in this game too long and am too much of a realist to say anything other than I don't currently own anything that is irreplacable.

I'm the same, maybe with the exception of my ears, I'm quite attached to those!

5 hours ago, oldius said:

Never say never but I would find it hard to part with my DAC

image.jpeg.70f2e1632ed6ce3567574993ebc89efd.jpeg

49563952806_b41015f6dc_c.jpg

This is so nice.Was it multi voltage,and what would be the matching amplifier.

• Like 1

The entire system...

... sorry guys you CAN reach those Pearly Gates and truly say you have arrived👷

Edited by 2010*zuma

Linn Akurate DS/Katalyst......at least this is not room dependent. 

Harbeths.........As long as I have a room big enough for them.

I would change my Amp - but only if I get substantial funds from somewhere, which is unlikely, to be honest.

At present probably all of it.

I have tried to replace my speakers for better and failed for the last 20 years.

The TT is fine and dandy as is the CD94 (without ext DAC thanks to a question here!)

• Like 1

My LPs.

The rest I can always buy or build different or better.

• Like 4

Super Wammer

I reached my end game with my main system this year and that will stay intact until we have to downsize and it won’t fit into a smaller abode ..

And also my Gale 401 chrome in my vintage set up .. I spent so much love and attention on getting them back to showroom condition 

kindest regards Julian 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mattykyuss said:
This is so nice.Was it multi voltage,and what would be the matching amplifier.

Rare as hen's Europe model with voltage choice. I don't know the amp choice as this was a $10k statement piece to 'kill' Krell and Levinson back in 1990.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by oldius
  • Like 1