That component you'll never part with

My Adam Actives. The Artist 6 is one of the most practical elegant speaker solutions imaginable.

Small, elegant floor standers, just 850mm high by 140mm wide, totally understated and will fit in practically any room. Sound pretty good too.

Artist 6.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty sure we will never part with this pair of Audio Note ANJ LX’s. They are finished in High Gloss Olive, quite beautiful.

I've been in this game too long and am too much of a realist to say anything other than I don't currently own anything that is irreplacable.

Garrard 301 because it's effectively a family heirloom, Nakamichi TX-1000 because it's the best turntable i have ever heard, full stop and the Beolab 90s because they're too heavy to move.

Posted Images

Changed speakers lots of times. Amps occasionally and CDSACD players a few times but my Michell Gyrodec is over 25 years old and it ain’t going’ anywhere😀

• Like 1
On 05/11/2020 at 12:04, dannybgoode said:

God do I want a pair of NS1000's.  If I did obtain them they'd never go.

I am not convinced I am totally wedded to a piece of kit although I have mulled selling my Yamaha CA-810 and my Sony 337ESD a fair few times and have never quite been able to bring myself to list them.  I don't even use them that much however both are utterly glorious bits of kit and when will I ever find another for sensible money?  Ditto my Leak 2001 Transcriptor deck but again I may part with it one day.

Theres an original  pair on Aos at 1k 

54 minutes ago, Minicoupeman said:

Changed speakers lots of times. Amps occasionally and CDSACD players a few times but my Michell Gyrodec is over 25 years old and it ain’t going’ anywhere😀

My Gyrodec isn’t going anywhere either after 37 years for the deck and 29 years for the SME V arm.

• Like 1

My Oppo 105EU is going nowhere. Kind of a Swiss Army knife with audio and AV. If I do happen to purchase a pair of Alta Alec speakers, which I would, em going nowhere.;-)

• Like 1

My Thorens TD 150 Mk2 Turntable. It is unique and it matches my Tannoys. Actually, I'll keep them too. And they match my Amplifier. So I'll keep that too. Ummm. Looks like I'm happy with what I have! 😎😎😎

I kept my LP12 for 20 years and thought that was it for vinyl but in the end ...it got replaced by an EAT. My keeper is my Karan KI 180mk2 amp, that’s staying unless I make a very big win ( and the Karan pre / power is a silly money dream)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing lasts forever and technology changes. I had a Roksan Xerxes for 30 years and some Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors for 17 years. I have now gone completely digital down to improvements in digital audio plus the ease of use. I have however gone back to class A amplification as this is the purest form. Really happy with the results