Karousel checked, Keel checked, but....

Here's one from HiFiKabin that looks similar to yours.

20200609_165340.jpg

1 hour ago, sktn77a said:

Oh, also, I'm wondering if:

a. The belt is pulling the suspension to the left, or

b.  The arm cable is pushing the suspension to the left.

How is the centering of the armboard with the belt removed and the arm cable removed?

The tonearm cable hasn't been installed.I also have tried to take the belt away and checked, the differences is not that far much .

I guess it should be something with the soft springs comes with the bearing kits. Will keep you guys updated later this weekend, if my troublesome things have been settled.

Doubt there is anything wrong with it, just use it more gently when taking the arm from the locked pillar position.  If indeed the new springs are softer, then it would move easier than before and require a steadier hand. 

• Like 1

I think there is no more "but" xD tonight, perhaps the only thing I had said from my wife would be "but it is midnight already! You can't try tomorrow! "

OK, so waht I did today is told all 3 springs out and have a check with all stuff 
the nuts and rubber grommets are fine in perfect shape as new 
so its the spring problem . 
I checked them on paper and rotated them. There is 1 thing I should have known ,  is the spring's shape. Its going anti-clockwise of course but the spring body shape is not just a cone, but the shape is like a right-angled triangle like which going wider with one side opposite to its end  (I am editing the photo) 
So I tried to reposition the spring position based on the spring's shape and that it solved my problem within few minutes ! :D

Interesting, I thought the springs were symmetrical.  Sounds like you got a defective spring(s).

Most dealers have a large bag of springs to select from.

I noticed quite a few years ago helping a setup that the springs don't always taper Symmetrically.

Put a Spring on white paper then draw round the outside then make a cross on the circle dead centre and replace the spring on the paper and look from the top.:whistle: 

For most of the time a Linn Spring looks like this way

DSC_0129.thumb.JPG.b8d8c55e7c15f90442067287d5396349.JPG

In fact, taken away the upper rubber grommet, it would looks like this. The cone shape is almost symmetrical  

A: 

DSC_0125.thumb.JPG.12af7440ab8f237da07c2ff74b0a60d2.JPG

Then when I rotate it a bit , if your eyes are sharp then you might have noticed the changes of edges :

B:

DSC_0124.thumb.JPG.474c360e5ad915b30abe1d6967f43a5c.JPG

It is the same spring , and B has just rotated ~ 90 degrees .   When you are having it on hand and rotate it within your palm then you can feel it. The last opening thread (just the 1st level before it reached its end) would decide how this spring support when pressed from the subchasis.
If it is like photo B  when pressed it would draw the subchasis towards the left side. That's why  I believe the background reason why the original setup manual & guides asked user to rotate the whole spring unit (griping the top rubber grommet) to adjust the spring supporting position. 

Edited by kl122002

1 hour ago, kl122002 said:

Above post just replying for clarity.

Hope this isn't breaching forum rules but there is an in depth discussion about this on an old post in another forum.

It rather explains what I was meaning in my last post here.

Information is open sourced but please don't argue findings as members from other forums don't have right of reply here.

Only for info.

https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10061&sid=4e40d5491c26882651275f26fe533ef0#p10061

Edited by Mr Kandid
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Kandid said:

Hope this isn't breaching forum rules but there is an in depth discussion about this on an old post in another forum.

It rather explains what I was meaning in my last post here.

Information is open sourced but please don't argue findings as members from other forums don't have right of reply here.

Only for info.

https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10061&sid=4e40d5491c26882651275f26fe533ef0#p10061

Wish I could have read this piece earlier. What I have noted, thinking  and  experimenting over last week are almost same as the link you shared xD

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kl122002 said:

Wish I could have read this piece earlier. What I have noted, thinking  and  experimenting over last week are almost same as the link you shared xD

Hope it helped.

The number of springs that don't line up are a high percentage so it does make sense if you've got a really clued up dealer with a big bag of springs.

Incidentally although new bearings etc come in a kit that supplies new springs these are going to an unknown deck but if yours is set up nice with the springs you have then I don't see any point in changing them

The deck is either setup or not. 

Now just sit back and enjoy what it's for.B|:^

• Upvote 2