Sign in to follow this  
Phobic

What else are you doing while listening to music?

I'm mostly doing something else on my computer while I'm listening to music, maybe only 10% of the time am I just listening on it's own.

my other favorite activities being:-

1. reading about the band or album that I'm listening to - I really enjoy doing this, particularly reading about the making of the album itself 
  2. reading WAM
  3. Looking at Reddit
  4. researching or reading something - more often hifi related at the moment

If it's during the work day I've started to grab lunch or a break and a cuppa in front of the hifi, I'll also do emails/excel/powerpoint while listening to something in the background, in fact if I'm not on a conference call the hifi's playing something while I work away

Super Wammer

I can't do anything else, because I'm busy listening to music.

Edited by bigfool1956

Crosswords (I'm hopeless), drinking, vaping, surfing, stroking the cats, talking to the better half, cooking...

1 hour ago, Headcoat said:

Crosswords (I'm hopeless), drinking, vaping, surfing, stroking the cats, talking to the better half, cooking...

When you’re surfing, aren’t you worried about getting water in the amps?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigfool1956 said:

I can't do anything else, because I'm busy listening to music.

Too true. Listening to music takes all my attention. Reading, studying or any other mental effort is just impossible with music playing.

Super Wammer

Normally drinking too much red wine and fighting for the best listening spot on the settee....  oh yes and stopping two large dogs from blocking out the soundstage!

13 hours ago, Phobic said:

reading about the band or album that I'm listening to - I really enjoy doing this, particularly reading about the making of the album itself 

Roon is good for that .

• Like 1

Sometimes I have music playing on the computer as background music while I'm doing whatever it is I'm doing at the computer when I'm at home.  In the car, well, I'm obviously driving while I have music on.  ;)

When I use the stereo system, I'm usually just listening with as clear of a mind as possible.  Of course, sometimes that leads to toe tapping, some feet shuffling, or complete pelvic thrusts if I'm really having a good time.  xD

This evening, for example, I had a Bob James CD on and I was doing some pelvic thrusts to Brooklyn Heights Boogie:bouncey:

I was reading a little in a Czech textbook last night while the gentle strains of Vaughan Williams was playing, but struggling to concentrate on the book.

Then I played Bluebreakers - John Mayall with Clapton and all thoughts of study went out of the window. Miming and playing air guitar was the order of the day!
I remember vividly the first time I heard that record in 1968, in a friend’s student flat in Leeds.