Johannes

Will SO 2 not be further developed?

The version is still from 29.11.2019.

1 minute ago, HansBertil said:

Maybe bug free and working as intended. What are you missing?

I was wondering how it would be improved. I couldn't come up with much. Perhaps allowing for different ceiling heights. But how much would this impact sound quality?

5 minutes ago, SnapperMike said:

I'm still waiting on the promised sloping ceiling algorithm.

Provisions such as this would have to be ubiquitous enough and make enough of a sonic improvement to warrant investing in. How much of an improvement over using an average ceiling height would it make? That would be the operative question.

• Like 1

One thing that I'm confident of is that user defined custom filters aren't coming back. Their raison d'etre has gone away.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

One thing that I'm confident of is that user defined custom filters aren't coming back. Their raison d'etre has gone away.

Yep, there are still plenty of ways to screw it up without those.

’troll

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

I agree, but don't feel quite the same about the bass and treble shelves (used in moderation, of course). Linn might argue that the preference slider does the same thing, but it works in a different way, and I see it as complementary to the 'shelf' approach. As an analogy, when you use a good quality photo adjustment program such as Lightroom, you often find that the careful use of several different controls simultaneously gives you a much better result than you would get from just using any one of those controls singly.

David

Edited by DavidHB
  • Like 1

Space optimisation v2 has been a great addition to my Linn system, but yes, I think there are many things that could be incorporated into future version of SOv3

Would be useful if the rooms could be saved properly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Custom filters are mandatory if you would like to have a better control. But you need to be able to make measurements with for example REW to be able to use them.

I am certain that the biggest hindrance to sound quality in my room is the stairwell by the rear wall.

Standing on the stairs is the prime location to hear bass, anywhere else in the room it is severely lacking.

Weather or not this can be fixed by SO is way beyond my understanding,  but it would be nice to try before I admit defeat and sell the house.

Breakfast bars would be a nice addition too.

Super Wammer

I would very much like a visual representation of the adjustments, per v1.  (With a checkbox so that those who are afraid of graphs don’t need to see them!)

• Upvote 1

In the Linn Account there is the possibility to import an optimisation from SOv1. But the other way round, only the possibility to import from SOv2 should be added to Konfig (Create from system).

Then you would have the visual representation of SOv2 and the possibility (if needed) to make small changes.

At the moment such an import of a SOv2 result in SO v1 (including the Time of Flight results in Exakt) is only possible via small detours (Export and import of data). Therefore this way is rather something for computer affine space optimizers.

Perhaps when the development team can get fully back to work, then something maybe forthcoming.  In the meantime, with people working from home and without full access to the factory lab environment, then I wouldn't be holding my breath. 

Something else COVID is affecting!