plasticpenguin

Exposure remote control \o/

As you guys know my CD player didn't come with a remote. After spending a while looking on auction sites etc, I decided to call Exposure Electronics this morning. They are sending me a brand new remote out... for £20 incl. postage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Rotel did similar for me a while ago. Seems the going rate. In my case they were polite helpful and efficient. Hope you had the same experience with Exposure.

Great service.

When I bought my Cambridge 851N after a month or so the backlight on the remote stopped working. So I called Cambridge to seek to buy another. They apologised and sent me a new one FOC. I now have two working remotes, one which is backlit.

Was very pleased with their service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audio_PHIL_e said:

Rotel did similar for me a while ago. Seems the going rate. In my case they were polite helpful and efficient. Hope you had the same experience with Exposure.

We all use auction sites and think we are getting a good deal, yet sometimes it's worthwhile going straight to the makers and that yields a better price. And yes, they were very helpful. That's why I'm chuffed.

B&W  helped me out years ago with my old Rotel CDP. Again, very helpful.

Savvy shopping is the order of the day.  

2 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

We all use auction sites and think we are getting a good deal, yet sometimes it's worthwhile going straight to the makers and that yields a better price. And yes, they were very helpful. That's why I'm chuffed.

True, but a savvy manufacturer knows that their kit is likely to be bought s/h and that things such as remote controls go missing, so to have spares they can supply easily is good practice because it means next time you go looking for products you'll consider theirs first.

IMO there is little worse than being stuck with expensive kit you can't use because nobody knows how to fix it and there's no spare parts.

Super Wammer
49 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

That’s terrific news.  Great service, as you say.  

I used to look at a car group and 8 times out of 10 I seemed to be pointing out it was cheaper to buy a genuine part from a main dealer than one of less certain origin on eBay.  

Edited by Nopiano
Typo

20 hours ago, Nopiano said:

That’s terrific news.  Great service, as you say.  

I used to look at a car group and 8 times out of 10 I seemed to be pointing out it was cheaper to buy a genuine part from a main dealer than one of less certain origin on eBay.  

The old saying: if you ask...

Just please I could source one without any faff.

Super Wammer
12 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

The old saying: if you ask...

Just please I could source one without any faff.

My Cambridge streamer Remote operated the Sugden amp volume and the Meridian CD but when I contacted Meridian service for proof of my DACs upgrade which was done 12 years ago, they sent proof and I asked about the remote and I got one for £10. 
just shows you. People are selling originals on eBay for stupid money.

23 hours ago, radiant red said:

My Cambridge streamer Remote operated the Sugden amp volume and the Meridian CD but when I contacted Meridian service for proof of my DACs upgrade which was done 12 years ago, they sent proof and I asked about the remote and I got one for £10. 
just shows you. People are selling originals on eBay for stupid money.

There's an Exposure remote of Fleabay which is £60. As you say, stupid money.

On 19/11/2020 at 11:44, audio_PHIL_e said:

True, but a savvy manufacturer knows that their kit is likely to be bought s/h and that things such as remote controls go missing, so to have spares they can supply easily is good practice because it means next time you go looking for products you'll consider theirs first.

IMO there is little worse than being stuck with expensive kit you can't use because nobody knows how to fix it and there's no spare parts.

Spendor sent me new dust covers for my D7's after a chance conversation with one of their staff at this years Bristol Show.

My issue was loose plastic inserts where the dust covers attached to the cabinets, and in conversation I mentioned that the previous owner had recovered the dust covers (pretty good job tbh). 

The rep said, 'just give me your address and I'll send you new ones'

I was well impressed!

• Like 2