vintageaxeman

Help required please, identifying an EMT transformer.

Super Wammer

Hi guys.

I have a pair of small cylindrical EMT transformers that I might use in an MC stepup, but before I 'get making', I want to find out about them. Anyone have any idea of the spec of an EMT T90/3 tranny ?

IMG_1439.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

Edited by vintageaxeman

Super Wammer

Best I could do was identify this as being EMT as below at a guess and quite possibly something they have used in an MC Step up transformer. Would suggest a quick message to them and see if they can enlighten you .

https://www.emt-tontechnik.ch/accessory

Super Wammer

Thank you!

I will contact them and see if they will help!

One thing David. Don't be tempted to try and measure the static resistance with a normal multimeter. SUTs are extremely sensitive and you can magnetise them by doing that, which will cause serious problems.

Super Wammer
23 hours ago, rabski said:

One thing David. Don't be tempted to try and measure the static resistance with a normal multimeter. SUTs are extremely sensitive and you can magnetise them by doing that, which will cause serious problems.

I know that can occur with Moving Coil cartridges, but I hadn't realised that damage can occur with small trannies. Thank you for the warning! It makes it even more important now that I can get hold of the specs and the colour coding for the wires. Cheers mate!