bigrod

You know you’ve heard it right when?

Super Wammer

There are so many reasons why the environment and a system come together and an infinite number of opinions to boot ..

I’ve heard so many systems over the years some before many on here were born ..

My opinions mean nowt to anyone but me .....But we must all experience that moment  that this hobby deems worthwhile ....I’ve heard systems I could only dream of but not many of those made an impression..And Budget systems that were superb ..

For me the answer is “ Everything disappears but the music””

kindest regards Julian 

• Like 2

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

I know I've heard it right - When Keith tells me I have.  

You measured that well 😂

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
16 minutes ago, bigrod said:

There are so many reasons why the environment and a system come together and an infinite number of opinions to boot ..

I’ve heard so many systems over the years some before many on here were born ..

My opinions mean nowt to anyone but me .....But we must all experience that moment  that this hobby deems worthwhile ....I’ve heard systems I could only dream of but not many of those made an impression..And Budget systems that were superb ..

For me the answer is “ Everything disappears but the music””

kindest regards Julian 

I’m experiencing that right now 😊

Either your feet start tapping or you get a tear in your eye.

• Like 1

You go to a hifi show and come away with nothing to buy/want apart from CD/Vinyl.

In my case it was Tannoy and Luxman which made it that way.

Alan

Edited by Radioham

Super Wammer

Agree with all said here - but the addition for me when you really really know - you decide to listen to a track you had forgotten and heard on the car radio - so you dig out the album or CD to play it when you get home ... then you listen to more and more and many hours later you realise it is now many hours later and you still want to listen to more :D 

Edited by uzzy
  • Like 2

You start to grin.

Happened to me listening to the Beano album through a Trilogy VTi  at Walrus Systems. I was in the market for a new amplifier and I listened to Croft (sweet treble, lovely midrange but no bass), and various other amplifiers, then we tried the VTi. I liked everything else on it (Messiah, Snow Goose, Sweet Baby James) and then came the Bluesbreakers with Uncle Eric. I found myself grinning, so I bought it.

3 hours ago, uzzy said:

Agree with all said here - but the addition for me when you really really know - you decide to listen to a track you had forgotten and heard on the car radio - so you dig out the album or CD to play it when you get home ... then you listen to more and more and many hours later you realise it is now many hours later and you still want to listen to more :D 

5 hours ago, glenhb said:

Either your feet start tapping or you get a tear in your eye.

I've heard systems which leave the impression of sounding good after hearing one track on a CD, but a system truly gets Klassik's seal of approval when it sounds good after listening to a 2 hr. double CD album or something like that.  There's something about a system which does not leave one fatigued.

Now, granted, ole' Klassik's feet and hips might be a bit fatigued after a couple of hours of dancing and pelvic thrusts.  :bouncey:

• Like 1