Gilad interview

Someone made reference to a recently viewed interview with Gilad. Here's a link to what I think they were referring:

I shall certainly follow that one up. But I think that the original reference was to a podcast accessible via

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/144957-gilad-tiefenbrun-podcast/?tab=comments#comment-2609643

In this interview, Gilad is remarkably forthcoming about some of the difficulties he faced in his early days at Linn. It gives an insight into a personality which is obviously very different to his father's.

David

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DavidHB said:

I shall certainly follow that one up. But I think that the original reference was to a podcast accessible via

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/144957-gilad-tiefenbrun-podcast/?tab=comments#comment-2609643

In this interview, Gilad is remarkably forthcoming about some of the difficulties he faced in his early days at Linn. It gives an insight into a personality which is obviously very different to his father's.

David

Thank you David. I will certainly have a listen to this one as well.

1 hour ago, akamatsu said:

Someone made reference to a recently viewed interview with Gilad. Here's a link to what I think they were referring:

That was the one I watched and made reference to earlier, came to me on FB 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 9designs said:

That was the one I watched and made reference to earlier, came to me on FB 

I haven't watched it yet. Thank you for calling attention to it.

Michael

27 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

Thank you David. I will certainly have a listen to this one as well.

I have now viewed the video you linked to, and can thoroughly recommend it. Many thanks for posting the link. In many ways, the video is complementary to the earlier podcast, so they are worth streaming in reasonably quick succession.

Gilad is much more forthcoming about why Linn is doing some things and not others than I would have expected him to be. His answers very largely make sense to me. I particularly like what he says about the distinction between "lifestyle" and "audiophile" products that is often made. Yes, Linn makes lifestyle products, but then in a sense it always has done. In any home there has to be a balance between competing requirements. Different people make different choices for different use cases, and Linn needs to find a way of covering as many of those choices/use cases as possible. So the issue is not about product categorisation but about balance and consumer choice. I can relate to that approach.

David

Edited by DavidHB
  • Like 2

I'll have a listen to the podcast first, then the video. This should bring me up to date. Thank you.