It Started With Isoacoustic Gaia’s and Quickly Got Out Of Hand

So @Paulssurround I have bought myself such things: https://www.thomann.de/gb/isoacoustics_iso_puck_mini_set.htm
Although I don't think it will get any better. If it doesn't get better, I'll send you a bill.

• Like 1
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When is saw your post, Nopiano, I tried to find it but found this instead https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/isoacoustics-gaia-i-ii-and-iii-loudspeaker-isolation-feet It is a review o

My Gaia III’s arrived today and fitted to my Akudoriks this afternoon. First impressions are good. I always felt my suspended wooden floor added something unwanted to the overall sound in my room. I t

That's a pucking lot of new gear there Paul That Stage platform looks very familiar - like a latter day IsoPlat.  Eventually the subliminal message sank in...

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Oscar P. said:

Agreed...bad for the Wallet. I picked up a Black Friday deal. Gaia 3 arrived here too today and I will install them tomorrow and try them out on my Triton Two’s. 

At the same time I wonder if the Orea’s will work for the ADSM or A2200. It’s hard to believe, because they have no moving parts like a cdp, but....

I remember a demonstration whereby a dealer was putting a strange puck on top of an amp and the sound transformed in a positive way. 

Well, I will let you know soon if the Gaia’s work!

Looking forward to hearing your impressions from the Gaia’s. They should be a noticeable improvement when first installed, but will get significantly better as the weight of the speaker settles in on top of the Gaia’s 

‘I use Oreas under my Akurate Hub and ISO Pucks under all my other components, to great effect

8 hours ago, CaptenBonScott said:

Under the dac was the biggest improvment for me 🙂

Good news CaptenBonScott 

I did not spend the time to add the ISO pucks one by one under each component, but added them to several components all at the same time. So I can’t say which was the most effective under a particular component. But the overall effect has been astonishing.

I am still experimenting with the placement of the pucks under the electronics.them, Under some components, such as my NAS and Environmental Potentials device, I  place the pucks under the chassis of the components, not under the feet, as this is how many people place them in the audio reviews. With other components, such as my Akurate Hub, Shunyata, 4200, Exaktbox 6,  I have placed the pucks under the actual feet of the components, as per the pictures above. When I have the time, I will also try the pucks under the components chassis and see if that makes a difference.

‘I am good with my current HiFi cabinet, as it is purpose built for Audio components, and also looks good. With my current decor, a vertical HiFi cabinet would not work as it would block the TV. I have looked at other options, but they are not any better than what I have  😊

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Johannes said:

So @Paulssurround I have bought myself such things: https://www.thomann.de/gb/isoacoustics_iso_puck_mini_set.htm
Although I don't think it will get any better. If it doesn't get better, I'll send you a bill.

Congratulations. I am looking forward to reading your report.

‘If it doesn’t get any better, I will buy them from you. If it does get better, I will send you a bill for my consultation fees.  😂😂😂

When they arrive, please give them a few hours to settle in, with the weight of the electronics sitting on top.

46 minutes ago, Rudi64 said:

Iso acoustics advice is to place then directly under the chassis, i'm curious if that makes a difference..

Yes, I am curious as well.  I am trying out both under the feet and under the chassis. In some of the audio reviews I have seen the audio reviewer place them under the feet and other reviewers place them under the chassis.

‘As my different components from different manufacturers have different casework and different feet, I thought it best to try them under the feet for my Linn first, then try them under the chassis later.

‘For example, the Shunyata has a very robust aluminum chassis, whereas the Environmental Potentials and my NAS has a thin chassis. I put the pucks directly under the chassis of the Environmental Potentials and NAS, while the Shunyata is under the feet.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

Sorry about your wallet, but happy for your ears  

‘I think you are going to be very happy with the new Gaia’s and the ISO Puck Mini’s. Truly superb.

Do you mind sharing where you bought the ISO Puck Mini’s in the UK, please?   

Purchased the mini pucks from this company Paul

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/monitor-isolation-pads/isoacoustics-iso-puck-mini-studio-monitor-isolation-pack-of-8?gclid=Cj0KCQiAk53-BRD0ARIsAJuNhpvrvn0NSUdLqJw_UgEvfR2102PNJcRNY4GcmOycxMp6kZKiJyMOip8aAuYREALw_wcB

• Upvote 1

Having used IsoPlats (and getting ribbed for it many times) for at least 20 years and Gaias for 2 years, I'm watching on with a smug grin  9_9

• Like 3
Listened to some tracks with the Gaia’s 3....wonderful!
Smoothe mid range and real low end impact. Bass is great: deep and precise. 
Less smearing, more detail, more depth, cleaner mid range and highs. There’s a real band in the room playing!
Listening to ‘Bass and Drums Intro’, from Nils Lofgren is really scary! 

Definately not a subtle upgrade.
  • Upvote 1

Soundcare Superspikes, same thing, fraction of the price, spend the rest on fun... Mind you, once you've spent hundreds on something. you're generally going to think they're fab... Bicycle tyre anyone?

Edited by Tintinabulum

I'm sorry I can't bite my tongue any more...

I really struggle with the benefits from putting isolation pucks under solid state devices. I just can't believe that micro movements in ICs make anything but bugger all audible difference.

can you describe the improvements you hear please, and with what devices.....

I'm as open as a hooker in Amsterdam's red light district to this making a life changing difference but I need a bit of help! :)

what's going on?!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Oscar P. said:
Listened to some tracks with the Gaia’s 3....wonderful!
Smoothe mid range and real low end impact. Bass is great: deep and precise. 
Less smearing, more detail, more depth, cleaner mid range and highs. There’s a real band in the room playing!
Listening to ‘Bass and Drums Intro’, from Nils Lofgren is really scary! 

Definately not a subtle upgrade.

Wonderful outcome!!!

They will improve even more in sound quality over the next day, as they settle into place 😊

10 hours ago, Oscar P. said:

O no...not again!!! 😜

Here we go again.... ISO Puck Mini’s here we come.  🥳

9 hours ago, Phobic said:

I'm sorry I can't bite my tongue any more...

I really struggle with the benefits from putting isolation pucks under solid state devices. I just can't believe that micro movements in ICs make anything but bugger all audible difference.

can you describe the improvements you hear please, and with what devices.....

I'm as open as a hooker in Amsterdam's red light district to this making a life changing difference but I need a bit of help! :)

what's going on?!

Don’t bite your tongue, it hurts.  😉

Micro movements in IC’s degrade the sound quality, and it is very audible. You should notice a transformation in sound quality when the vibrations are reduced.  The Isoacoustic Oreas and ISO Pucks mitigate that, providing a similar improvement in sound quality as the Gaia’s. Combining the Gaia’s and Oreas/ISO pucks provided such a significant improvement in sound quality, I am still in shock and awe.

The description that Oscar P gives regarding his new Gaia’s is exactly my experience with the Oreas and ISO Pucks as well. I am absolutely gobsmacked by the improvements that they both bring to my Linn system, and it sounded fantastic before.

11 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Having used IsoPlats (and getting ribbed for it many times) for at least 20 years and Gaias for 2 years, I'm watching on with a smug grin  

Edited by Paulssurround
12 hours ago, Tintinabulum said:

Soundcare Superspikes, same thing, fraction of the price, spend the rest on fun... Mind you, once you've spent hundreds on something. you're generally going to think they're fab... Bicycle tyre anyone?

Here's a brochure https://www.akustik-projekt.at/media/pdf/d1/61/32/brosjyre1.pdf 

The Superspikes for speakers look interesting to replace Linn's original spikes, and skeets. I'm always afraid to move the speakers, cause they might jump off the skeets and scratch the floor. As my parquette is floating on a concrete floor, the decoupling should be beneficial to the sound. 

I downloaded the Accelerometer app yesterday. The speakers do not exactly decouple from the floor right now.

Do you use these spikes @Tintinabulum? If so, which ones? More detailed info is appreciated.

Re cost: The Superspikes for equipment do not appear to be cheaper than the mini pucks, at least in Germany.

• 4 Superspikes 79,- €
  • 8 Mini Pucks 97,- €

Mini pucks are interesting to be placed at least under my KRDSM and C6100, as they appear to have the cheapest cases. Waiting for @Johannes to confess if he's a convert now ;-)

Edited by TooManyCatweazles
14 minutes ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

Do you use these spikes @Tintinabulum? If so, which ones? More detailed info is appreciated.

I use the standard model, also being cheap I wait for them to come up on eBay. I use them on active speakers and they tighten up the bass significantly. The saving money ref was regarding Gaias for several hundred pounds. Bicycle inner tubes were talked about a lot a few years ago. Cost effective.

3 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

I use the standard model, also being cheap I wait for them to come up on eBay. I use them on active speakers and they tighten up the bass significantly. The saving money ref was regarding Gaias for several hundred pounds. Bicycle inner tubes were talked about a lot a few years ago. Cost effective.

Thank you for the super-quick reply. 

BTW: I use Conti Tube MTB 26 S 42 mm bicycle tubes, but only on my bicycle 😁