EB1E40A0-5D64-4653-A506-3E230627B33C.jpeg

Thank you.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When is saw your post, Nopiano, I tried to find it but found this instead https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/isoacoustics-gaia-i-ii-and-iii-loudspeaker-isolation-feet It is a review o

My Gaia III’s arrived today and fitted to my Akudoriks this afternoon. First impressions are good. I always felt my suspended wooden floor added something unwanted to the overall sound in my room. I t

That's a pucking lot of new gear there Paul That Stage platform looks very familiar - like a latter day IsoPlat.  Eventually the subliminal message sank in...

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Evo said:

Experiment by all accounts, Just to give you an idea of placement for roughly the isolation foot centres when KDS viewed from above

image.png

The black Point is the Direction from the Puck?

4 hours ago, Johannes said:

The black Point is the Direction from the Puck?

The black point is the centre of the puck underneath in relation to the position of the existing feet as you view the feet from above 

On 10/12/2020 at 10:41, Billz said:

My dealer is posting the Gaia’s out today. Unfortunately he is unable to get me the carpet spikes until January due to a stock shortage. Can anyone see a problem with fitting them and using them without the carpet spikes? It is a new carpet and I don’t want to cause any lasting damage. I can’t imagine it will, but I if it also affects the sound, I will wait until January before trying them.

Bill.

My friend who has the Gaia Ill’s received his Isoacoustic carpet spikes today.

‘His room setup is carpet with underlay, on top of a concrete floor.

He had his PMC Fact8 Signature speakers with Gaia’s on top of a thick butcher blocks, sitting on top of the carpet, and sound quality was excellent. He swapped out the butcher blocks today with the carpet spikes , and early indications are that the carpet spikes tightened up the bass.

‘He will continue his listening over the weekend and report later

On 05/12/2020 at 20:35, Billz said:

Mini pucks arrived today and they are now under my ADSM and 4200. First impressions are more depth to the soundstage, sound seems more forward of the speakers. Bass seems more defined. They are definitely doing something good. All I need now is my dealer to deliver my Gaia III’s for my Akudoriks.

Mini pucks arrived here too. I agree with your findings. Also smoother sounding. I put three under the ADSM and four under the A2200.

• Like 1

Hi @Paulssurround

do you think that normally (without pucks) you don't hear a difference between NAS and Tidal/Qobuz if the recording is the same?

1 minute ago, Johannes said:

Hi @Paulssurround

do you think that normally (without pucks) you don't hear a difference between NAS and Tidal/Qobuz if the recording is the same?

I tried Tidal on a trial, for about 3 months, earlier this year. I barely used it, so did not sign up for the subscription.

‘This was before I started buying the Isoacoustic products, so did not do a comparison.

I always thought that music from my NAS was better than the Tidal streamed, but did have a few albums that I though the sound quality of Tidal was quite good.

Okay. I use Tidal to test music to see if I like it. For some reason, I also prefer to listen from my NAS. I'll test this with the pucks under the NAS. 

When I have time, I'll replace the power supply for the hard drives in the NAS with a second power supply unit.

Edited by Johannes
4 hours ago, Oscar P. said:

Mini pucks arrived here too. I agree with your findings. Also smoother sounding. I put three under the ADSM and four under the A2200.

I have put them under the original feet Oscar. I am guessing if you have used three under the ADSM they are under the case? Have you done the same with your A2200? 

12 hours ago, Billz said:

I have put them under the original feet Oscar. I am guessing if you have used three under the ADSM they are under the case? Have you done the same with your A2200? 

Indeed, ADSM under de case and A2200 under the feet. Just a feeling.

Under the case should be better, but I haven’t tried it out yet for the A2200.

• Like 1
On 10/12/2020 at 21:50, Evo said:

Picture paints a thousand words

0B6ABED7-0540-4163-99AE-29EDAF58BEC6.jpeg

There's something very appealing to me about this way of making things; at last I don't break my fingers when I want to reconnect a cable.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Johannes said:

There's something very appealing to me about this way of making things; at last I don't break my fingers when I want to reconnect a cable.

You could inquire at Linn Dev that they implement a way to software-wise flip the Display content... ;)

They did something like that for the KIKO, IIRC

• Like 1

The addition of the IsoAcoustic mini-pucks has made a significant improvement to streamed music (and to all others).

I have been using music from Primephonic quite a bit. When I joined, it promised 24 HD music, and running it through an Apple product cut that into 1/4 😳😢

I added a Sonos Port to stream it, and the music quality got up to 3/4 of the 24. Adding the mini-pucks, the content now sounds like the 24 bit files.

I tested a 24 bit file from the NAS with the same recording on Primephonic: it took much effort to hear the differences.

Just like adding Katalyst to your ExaKt system (when, after its implementation you recognize the harsh digital signature you had), the mini-pucks improvements are similar. It sound good before, but much better (clearer, quieter background, softer but stronger bass lines....) after the addition of the pucks.

Edited by Eldarboy
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Johannes said:

Personally I think it looks fine, and sounds sublime to boot! The details you now hear effortlessly is just unbelievable - further tip it’s very easy to remove the existing feet and take away another source of interference.

So I have been listening with the ISO Pucks Mini for almost a week now. My result after taking them out today is as follows. 1:

1. the pucks make a warm very charming soft sound.
- This often happens when the treble becomes a little less accurate. 2.
2. the stage tends to step forward.
3. there was something like a light cloak around certain notes.
4. one bobbed along.

After I took the pucks out something happened that I didn't want to believe.
1. without pucks it still sounded very good not quite warm. You could say it's a bit rougher in the treble but not uncomfortable.
2. the stage took a step back and the stage was produced with an incredible lightness in the spatial performance.
- Everything was there without me having to concentrate on anything.
3. the distracting cloak is gone and I look up again in amazement at some passages.
4. the rocking has now almost become dancing.

Regarding 1. I have to see if I can get rid of the very small amount of long treble in a different way. Most of the time it's because of the power supply.

I will test the pucks again under the upside down Klimax, then I can also test a few CAT cables.

The music plays again with an unbelievable lightness and the sounds just pearl out of the speakers.

Edited by Johannes