Can you use your amp just as a power amp? 

I used the anti mode between my dac (used as a pre) and power amp. 

Or just ditch the vinyl and enjoy listening to your music in longer than 20 minute bursts... 

• Like 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my eyes there were loads and loads. Or maybe it was a long time ago and I forgot. What a pilchard I am at times....!

So, I went to all the effort of adding pictures to this thread and still no-one has bought it ! C'mon folks, do the right thing, steal the children's piggy bank, the wife's gin stash and granny's

I bought one of these a couple on months ago and it was very straight forward to set up and integrate between the pre out and power amp. It has transformed the sound bringing so much more cl

Posted Images

My streamer only has coaxial out ( I think) & my amp is integrated with no tape loop. As for ditching vinyl I reckon 20 min bursts of concentration are all I can manage now 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a no brainer actually, I bought my dspeaker antimode 2.0 last year from this very forum for 600 pounds. Still don't regret it one bit :)

My use is a little different, I have two pre outs from my MFA passive preamp, and I use one set to feed the tube power amps driving the mid range and the tweeters. I use the other pair to feed the Dspeaker antimode 2.0 to correct bass upto 250 Hz, then feed that into my nuprime mono blocks to just drive the 10 inch bass drivers. And the difference in sound quality, the improvement in clarity in all the 3 departments, bass, mid range and treble is stunning. Completely killed the bass nodes I didn't know I had. And it is very flexible in use, sounds great even as dac, as premap , a complete Swiss knife. Some one please grab it, it's worth every penny 

• Like 1

Couldn’t agree more!!!

• Like 2

Yup, I'm amazed that its still here too. I waited for a long time to get one, and imagined that it would fly when I first posted this. 

I'm of a mind to withdraw it from sale for a while and then post it again in a few months at a higher price...

• Upvote 1

OK. I've tried reducing the price and still no one has bought it so I'm going to chance my tactics and increase the price. 

It's now available for £4500. Higher offers may be entertained, some lower offers may too, but any lower then £450 will not. So, part with a massive wodge of wonga and make me very happy, or be miserably tight and offer me slightly under £4500 and I may or may not smile a little. 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought I’d post to say that, as a user of one of these, you can use REW to create and plot filters and then assign them manually so you can have whichever house curve you really like or any fine tweaks and boosts that auto won’t do.

In the REW EQ filter panel it will show Q, and next to it it will show BW (bandwidth) that the AntiMode uses so you needn’t have to work it out when Q is something other than 1 or 2. 

The DAC is competent, it can be used as a pre-amp with volume control (learning remotes can bring remote count down too) and it’s has loads of input and outputs including balanced. Mine replaced my MDAC and it sounds better. I also used to use a MiniDSP but it didn’t sound as good either. For this, money it’s a gift although if someone wants it for £4500 then drop me a PM as at that price I could be tempted to let mine go and I’ll provide TWO wall warts, but not for a penny less. 

• Like 1

£410 and it could be on its way to you tomorrow, need to clear out the clutter to make way for more.... 

• Like 1

A little bump for the bank holiday. Surely a bit of sunshine didn't mean you've all turned off your hifi's...?