PecanPi DAC with RPI, LPSU and CMC sockets

Bigman80

This isn't a reluctant sale as such, more of a...."safety in knowing I can get another" type of sale, as I want to try something out here and need to raise some funds

However, I am going to pass forward the very good fortune I had whilst accumulating the parts.

The PecanPi will come on a heavy 5mm aluminium base, with RPI fully loaded with Volumio & Sorbothane feet.

There is OCC wiring up to the two upgraded CMC copper RCA sockets and there is also the LPSU, which is capable of delivering 5-19v via a trim pot under the lid.

Now, it may not be looker, but an absolutely stunning singer. The measurements from this puppy are Equal, if not better than the Topping D90, but best of all it sounds nothing like a Topping D90 lol..

I've had M2tech Young 2, Topping D30, 50, 70 & 90, Teradak, Lampizator, Allo Boss, Allo Katana and more in my system, and this PecanPi has given nothing away to any of them and in my opinion it was the most human sounding of all of them and there is a reason this has been in my system for so long. 

This DAC is a RPI hat, so BEST used IMO as an end point with files stored on the machine and playback via Volumio, but I have also used it as an endpoint via Jriver, MusicBee and Audirvana.

Please note. The XLR and RCA sockets are fully working but the holes where old PCB mount sockets were no longer work. If you want RCA, you have to use the CMC sockets.

Comes with adjustable LPSU with 2x outputs...although they have to be set at the same voltage.

For me, you'd be bonkers not to snap this up. 

So all that said, the price for this is £265

Edited by Bigman80

Pics:

8e8b9f36ba09d165aad00609e8c2c0fd.jpg

eb12f9991edf63cbfbeb268dc3cbd674.jpg

226da58e379db19ef2c57b50877afab4.jpg

ea96cc63fb5df580f437f8f619377f61.jpg

6906ba027b1e490de9b835da87251da3.jpg

a4b7dee56e4ccd86388ce4b4c2ab2a9a.jpg

• Upvote 1

Google translate is available, but it may not help in this case
Do we need Google translate?

What have I written that doesn't make sense? I'll fix it or explain if you let me know.

Hi Oliver, it's not that it doesn't make sense, just a little complicated for the non technical among us.

It's a dac, with a variable output power supply, rca and balanced ? outputs.

Best used with a small hard drive (is the samsung included) ? and controlled by the volumio software (from a tablet perhaps)

Thanks mart.

Ah!

Sorry, my fault.

Yes, included is

1x variable output linear power supply

2x DC cables

1x Raspberry Pi

1x SD Card with Volumio (old edition which allows to stream to it from Audirvana or JRiver)

1x Pecan Pi DAC hat

And of course the base, the sockets and feet.

Lol

Can't include the SSD as it has my library on there

• Like 1

So by adding a ssd loaded with audio, and either a phone or tablet as a controller you would be up and running ?

I picked up a second hand laptop last year, loaded all my cds, installed j river, but l gave up due to the disc noise and the hassle of booting up time/windows etc.

I imagine your set up does it with much efficiency

So by adding a ssd loaded with audio, and either a phone or tablet as a controller you would be up and running ?
 I picked up a second hand laptop last year, loaded all my cds, installed j river, but l gave up due to the disc noise and the hassle of booting up time/windows etc.
 I imagine your set up does it with much efficiency
Oh yes, this is perfect for that sort of setup.

Just plug a SSD in the RPi, and hook it up to the internet (wired is best) and control it via the Volumio app for your phone or tap into the inbuil userface by opening your browser on a laptop, and connecting to it via the IP address.

Easily found using Fing, which is a free app too.

Thanks for explaining things, if I hadn't picked up a new cd player recently I would be buying this
You should sell it and buy this. I am not joking either. .......unless your CDP is epic of course?

It's been modded by Audio Synthesis so you may well approve.
Ah, I do like modded stuff.....carry on squire!

Hmm, will here ?

Bump