Formula 1 2021

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Billy Monger who had both his legs amputated after a crash in a single seater racing car in 2017 is to do a comic relief challenge of walking/cycling & kayaking 140 miles (225 km) in four days.

Well deserved honour for Lewis after what is very likely to be an all time achievement by the time he finishes . If he can win in the 2022 car then I really do not see anyone ever getting to that cons

One that can spell genius even 

Posted Images

Totally agree outside the white line is not the track it's the run off area  if there was sand right up to the white line they would'nt go on it.

Shame Lando's time got deleted though🙄

Edited by darthvadersdad

Shorter sprint races talked about during the off season are now being introduced in 3 races this season bosses have decided. 

Points will be awarded to the top 3 finishers 3 2 1 respectively grid positions for the shorter race will be called 'Sprint Qualifying' will be set by moving qualifying to Friday. The free practice sessions must be on Saturday then and the main event as normal on Sunday. 

Why fix whats not broke I say:doh::doh::doh:

Edited by darthvadersdad

Sounds like a recipe for the top 2 teams to score more points.

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

So Grosjean is to have his last drive in an F1 car when he will do a demo run in Lewis Hamiltons 2020 W10 at the French Gp on the 27th of June and a test at the same track two days later.

The move honours a pledge made by Merc team boss Toto Wolff as it became clear the serious crash he had would end his F1 career. Grosjean said getting back into an F1 car once more was a very special moment.

Good Luck for the future Roman. 👍

Edited by darthvadersdad
  • Upvote 1

It is a lovely sentiment. And I am really pleased to see him get a chance to drive what was a championship winning car. I did think it was the 2019 car though. Oddly enough I also hope he is really quick. While F1 is done with him it’d be great bragging rights to be able to claim to be “as fast as Lewis but for his machinery” to his grand kids! 

• Like 1

Same here fingers crossed he drives it to the limit👍

Lewis has been really honest in his assessment so far and it has continued through to the Spanish Grand Prix . Redbull just keep making mistakes and gifting Mercedes wins. Lewis does not need to be asked twice and has pounced on every error. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bencat said:

Lewis has been really honest in his assessment so far and it has continued through to the Spanish Grand Prix . Redbull just keep making mistakes and gifting Mercedes wins. Lewis does not need to be asked twice and has pounced on every error. 

Well Lewis can, but Bottas is still in a lower league, imo…

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Devil said:

Well Lewis can, but Bottas is still in a lower league, imo…

When it comes to racing brains Bottas just is'nt good enough it would be good to get Russel in his seat I think he would eclipse Bottas by a good margin. It does look like Mercedes have the measure of Redbull now it's only Max's driving talent that keeps him with Lewis. 
To be honest the track has never lent itself to overtaking it's a bit boring because of that but Lewis kept it interesting to the end.

Edited by darthvadersdad
  • Like 3

Max’s move at the start resulted in a thoroughly entertaining race. Questions I’d ask. 
Mercedes pace is at what cost? Are they winding the engine up beyond its reliability window?

Are they still using the old floor? I thought Sky asked questions and got somewhat ambiguous answers.

Why does Bottas get stick? His race, though not perfect, put him where you might expect at the end. We can speculate that Russell might do better but it is still speculation.

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

Looks like Redbull have returned to their old ways a with flexi rear wing giving them better straight line speed last time it was the front spoiler array that was flexing and they dropped off the pace once they were told to remove it. 

Apparently Lewis noticed it while driving behind him on Sunday one of the pitfalls of being quicker that your rivals I guess🤔 The FIA is clamping down on it as they have become aware and are introducing new load deflection tests from the 15th of June. 

It will be interesting to see if Redbull & maybe the Alpines/McClaren drop off the pace after that date, Watch this space👁👁!!!!!

Edited by darthvadersdad
  • Upvote 2