Formula 1 2021

Phobic

4 minutes ago, Madvinyljunkie II said:

...Max Vestappen who gets out of his car and walks away in a big sulk without even looking to see if Lewis was ok.

What an a$$hole.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

What an a$$hole.

Yep first class 👍 

As is Mick Schumacher saying his Dad will always be the best F1 driver in history no matter what Lewis Hamilton achieves in his career.

It goes without saying he would have that opinion about his Dad but to say that is just plain stupid when he's an active F1 driver atm and you can't argue with the facts. 

What a pillock🙄

Edited by Madvinyljunkie II
  • Like 2

Max A$$hole is absolutely right.

Lewis was ahead and Max decides to go for a non existent gap on a chicane, nuts. I would have loved it if Lewis had been able to reverse out and continue the race to get ahead with some more points.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Firebottle said:

Max A$$hole is absolutely right.

Lewis was ahead and Max decides to go for a non existent gap on a chicane, nuts. I would have loved it if Lewis had been able to reverse out and continue the race to get ahead with some more points.

That would have really put Max in a sulk he would have needed his security blanket and a darkened room for a few days😂

• Haha 2

To be fair to Max there was a photo in Autosport which shows Max glancing briefly in the direction of Lewis's car then marching off. He said he saw Lewis trying to back his car out and thought "If he can do that he must be ok". My view is if he really was concerned about Lewis he would have gone straight over to the car in the first place which is what anyone else would have done ie Vettel.

I thought the stewards reasoning for the penalty was spot on. I know it's the rules but 3 grid places doesnt seem to me to be an adequate punishment. Things like gearbox replacements which are not the drivers fault get 5 places.

I dont think this will change Max's mindset so we will see a bit more of this kind of thing. Only hope no one gets hurt. I didnt like the roll hoop when it was introduced but now I see the wisdom of it.

• Like 1

I fully agree with the Stewards verdict that both drivers contributed to the collision but that Max was more at fault . Any decent human being would when involved in even a minor crash have gone stright to the other driver and checked that they were okay and if they needed any help . Max then like the spoilt child he is claims he knew lewis was alright because he was trying to reverse out from under the RB , may be he was stuck and trying to get himself out so he could get out maybe he was injured and trying to attract attention . What does max do but stomp off like a child when the world is not going as he wants it too and then moaning that it was all Lewis;s fault because he knew it was Max and he should have got out the way for him and let him pass.

Damon Hill had this right on his first view and said what he saw I think he was then put under pressure to change it , should have stuck to his views which I would agree with it did look like the actions of Max were deliberate in order to ensure Lewis scored no more points in a race were the Mercs were better suited.

As for Mick if my father had proved himself a confirmed cheat on at least three occasions I would be loath to say he was the greatest driver of all time no matter who comes after him .

• Like 6

I’m always reluctant to pile on when someone is reported to say something along the lines Mick was supposed to have said. My Dad was the best Mini Metro dashboard fitter that ever walked into Austin Rover Longbridge but I’d guess there are plenty who might choose to dispute that! So a kid worships his Dad! Fine by me. My guess is Alonso’s wife believes he is the best ever. Give the lad a pass, there must be some real soul eating conflict going on in his soul right now. 

Race Analysis:

Honours even between Max and Lewis, maybe a slight advantage to Max for preserving a lead (by whatever means necessary) when it looked like they were going to have a bad weekend. The McLaren boys proved that being in contention is the best policy to pick up if the top teams have a bad day. 
Constructors, advantage Mercedes. Valteri drove a blinder until he ran out of tyres and Checo screwed up by not giving that place back up, gifting Bottas third. Rookie error. But then that ruthless streak is why he is driving a ‘Bull. Just that he is doing it to the wrong drivers.

I understand it's his dad but making a bold statement like he has is just ignoring the facts Lewis is in fact the greatest F1 driver until someone else beats him in the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what suprizes we have in store this weekend at the Russian Gp? 

Toto Wolff has said Lewis won't be bailing out any more if he thinks he has a right to a corner and Max insists he has no nerves about racing for the world title. Sounds like a recipe for more pileups maybe🤔

Edited by Madvinyljunkie II

With Christian & Helmut as Max’s cheerleading squad anything can happen and they will rationalise it as Lewis’s fault ….I’m sure they got Max inline for a Sainthood if he wins the championship :rofl:

Edited by MF 1000
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

With Christian & Helmut as Max’s cheerleading squad anything can happen and they will rationalise it as Lewis’s fault ….I’m sure they got Max inline for a Sainthood if he wins the championship :rofl:

Yep😂😂😂😂

Interesting that RB have taken an engine penalty on Max’s car so he will start at the back 😁😁😁😁

let’s hope massivespin misses him in his mirrors and takes him out 

Edited by MF 1000
  • Haha 2

I will keep my fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Max has to get to the end of the season on one engine so he needs to be treating it with great care or he'll be starting at the back again.

RB will be looking to put Max on the podium from the back of the field. This is probably a race they mentally ceded to Mercedes anyway so it is an ideal moment to take the penalties and still end up third or fourth where they would probably have been anyway. And it allows Max to be Max without the risk of others refusing to get out of the way. 

• Upvote 1