STAX sr-3 Electrostatic "Ear Speakers,

3 minutes ago, darthvadersdad said:

Sounds like your a lifetime fan Robin I would have loved a pair in 1973 you lucky individual.😁

Individual, yeah that's the word.

• Haha 1

Probably the best £150 I've spent in a long time and I don't think I've ever listened to headphones this much other than on a plane.

Edited by darthvadersdad
  • Like 1

ASk Jerry about Wharfedale Isodynamic 'phones too.

IMG_3420.JPG

Just been googling them they sound interesting I might have a look around for some down the line. 

Right now I'm really enjoying the Stax they amaze me how open and expansive they are even good with music like Tool/Opeth gets laid out well👍

Edited by darthvadersdad

Had a very strange experience this afternoon I went to listen to Kraftwerks 3D box set disc 7 which is for headphones & it sounded very quiet so messed around with the volume with little effect it also sounded distorted then I realised the Energiser was off so turned it on and nearly blew my ears off Doh!!!!

I then decide to go back to listening to my system so turned the energiser off only to change my mind again & listened to Tour De France disc 8 which sounded superb but it was only when it finished I realised I had'nt turned the energiser back on but it sounded perfect👁👁 hows that happened?

weird or what.....

The electrostatic charge on the diaphragms only fades away slowly so will play for quite a while without the power being on. 

They'll discharge overnight, though, if left unpowered. 

So it all makes sense! 

.... Best to make sure the energiser is turned on when you use them, not sure if you might damage them if you pump loadsa power in without them being charged up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It does Jerry thanks I must remember to turn it on from now on👍 I thought I cracking up🤪

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.