Wanted: Border Patrol 300B power amp

Colin131

Are you trying to replicate my set up?
I'm currently running a an SJS Arcadia 1.5 (I got it upgraded from a 1 to 1.5 by Simon) and a BP 300b SE with external PS.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Super Wammer

Budget?

2 hours ago, hificricketboy said:

Are you trying to replicate my set up?emoji848.png
I'm currently running a an SJS Arcadia 1.5 (I got it upgraded from a 1 to 1.5 by Simon) and a BP 300b SE with external PS. emoji846.png

Yes I am! I remember buying some Audions from you a few years ago. You upgraded the BP power amp at the time. Please just sell me you system. It would be a lot easier and quicker! :-)

That one was a great deal given the value of the valves!

I am running a BP P20 which Simon has reworked with a one off SJS Pre which is a model 2-without the copper lid, and with 6H30pi valves...I can confirm it’s a nice combo....😀

Yes I am! I remember buying some Audions from you a few years ago. You upgraded the BP power amp at the time. Please just sell me you system. It would be a lot easier and quicker! :-)
Indeed, I remember it well!
I, erm, accidentally bought my BP with a single increment bid on Ebay.
It is a very nice combo and unfortunately (for you) not going anywhere for a while.

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, Colin131 said:

One went on eBay yesterday for £2.7k with WE tubes. I was going to buy it but thought about it too long! 

4 hours ago, Down in Devon said:

That one was a great deal given the value of the valves!

I am running a BP P20 which Simon has reworked with a one off SJS Pre which is a model 2-without the copper lid, and with 6H30pi valves...I can confirm it’s a nice combo....😀

The reason I asked was... that one that sold on eBay belonged to Nick @Fourlegs! I thought he had changed his mind and decided to keep it, mentioned your post and he told me it had sold for the asking price.

Bummer, as I can confirm it was minty.

5 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

The reason I asked was... that one that sold on eBay belonged to Nick @Fourlegs! I thought he had changed his mind and decided to keep it, mentioned your post and he told me it had sold for the asking price.

Bummer, as I can confirm it was minty.

Thanks for that. Yeah I was too slow! Spent too long thinking about it! 

5 hours ago, hificricketboy said:

Indeed, I remember it well!
I, erm, accidentally bought my BP with a single increment bid on Ebay.
It is a very nice combo and unfortunately (for you) not going anywhere for a while.

Those Audion monos had quite a bit more power in PP mode which was handy for some speakers and they were musical but I’ve been told the parts or sound isn’t up to the same standard as the BP amps. I remember you got a very good deal on that BP. It was a few years back tho!

Edited by Colin131