Tim De Paravacini RIP

Very sad news. I still have a Quad II Classic Integrated amp designed by Tim at the heart of my second system and it's a gorgeous sounding thing.  I'll fire up those valves this afternoon in his honour. 

That is a shame.  He was a very interesting and talented designer and person.

That is so sad. He was such a big talent in the industry and had so much more to give. 
I was lucky enough to visit him many years ago to collect some reel to reel test tapes which he recorded for me. I was restoring an old Revox G36 and he had done amazing things with these machines but, as much as I tried, he wouldn’t give any of his secrets away about them!

This man was an absolute genius, quite eccentric and hifi was just one part of his work. He was very connected with the big recording studios around the world. 
RIP Tim. 

Edited by AndyS

4 hours ago, ThomasOK said:

That is a shame.  He was a very interesting and talented designer and person.

I like that you called out the "person" part of TDP.   Back when I taught, a well known photographer was speaking to my class and his main words of wisdom: "If you want to be a better photographer become a more interesting person."   Very non-technical advice.   With a person like Mr. De Paravicini (and others) there's a level of alchemy and artistic creativity mixed in with the science that makes them such singular, visionary talents.