Best free and cheap tweaks to improve sound ?

gasolin

Always looking for new music to enhance my listening experince, either somthing new or just something i know that just sounds good (but haven't listen to it for a long time), that's why i love my mix and my video mix on tidal, great way to experience new music wheter it's old or new.

What some have wrote in the past is the source must be as good as possible , since it doesn't matter if you have a million dollar system but are play low mp 3 recordings of something effected by the loudness war.

What also matters is getting the best out of what you have, either for free or on a low budget 

One that is free is experience with the placement of the speakers height,width (distance between the speakers),angle, tweeter at the top or bottom.

Some use the famous trick of using an ikea cutting board under the turntable or amp (s), cdplayer for not alot of money, some use cheap rubber,sorbothan,cork,foam feet. Like me som use a anti-vibration mat, i use it under my tt and under my hifirack https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07TGB4LRX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Some turn the power cord (plug)180 degree for better sound using this little device (supra ac senor pen)   

63815782_Supra_AC-Sensor_a3522_2_600x6001.jpg.d677d31ecc3cf41097aafe14e3ea5830.jpg

What is your best free or cheap tweaks to improve sound

Personally i use isoacoustic stands and have done that for 8-9 years, i like them alot, does anybody have expereince with old and new stands ?

Old stands 

266789466_isoacoustics-iso-155-studio-monitor-speaker-isolat1.jpg.a8e9265f7f71c33f8cc1d9eba8ea9f92.jpg

1673443138_13606191_8001.jpg.1a430d89b4871b520b841abb4ab9b108.jpg

Not to forget Acoustic room treatment, i have asked a few times about that but never got an answer i could use (what to buy and what not to buy) .

Here are some cheap room threatments  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-coustix-Ultraflex-Studio-Acoustic-Treatment/dp/B01M1G61T6/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=acoustic+room+treatment&qid=1608725976&sr=8-6

https://www.thomann.de/gb/the_t.akustik_wedges_30.htm?ref=intl&shp=eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiZ2IiLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6IjQiLCJsYW5ndWFnZSI6ImVuIn0%3D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corner-Soundproofing-Absorbing-Acoustic-Soundproof/dp/B088ZRZHW4/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=acoustic+room+treatment&qid=1608726197&sr=8-20

My problem have always been what to use for my room,(what is best to use in my room,shape size and amount of foam ) and how to mount it with no glue (especially the last)

Edited by gasolin

54 minutes ago, Amormusic said:

Getting your ears syringed. 

Except that since your not improving the sound quality from what's on  a cd or improving bass resonce (hz) or something else.

5 hours ago, gasolin said:

63815782_Supra_AC-Sensor_a3522_2_600x6001.jpg.d677d31ecc3cf41097aafe14e3ea5830.jpg

Audiophiles are so full of shit Supra are selling enemas now.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Mebs clean your connections every so often and experiment massively with speaker position, furnishings (within reason) etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warszawa said:

Audiophiles are so full of shit Supra are selling enemas now.

No

If you have alot of hifi friends it's not expensive to try evene if you buy it for your self it's no more than a new cd or dvd

Edited by gasolin

Basing on experience I am recommending "audiophile fuses" by especially Synergistic Research.As of yet I have not come across more effective tweak

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

System setup (speaker placement) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gasolin said:

No

If you have alot of hifi friends it's not expensive to try evene if you buy it for your self it's no more than a new cd or dvd

This is a U.K. based forum. I don’t think that is suitable device here. Inverting the phase on power is dangerous in U.K. I believe.

turning the pover plug at the wall socket 180 degree  can be done if you have this kind of plugs or at the amp,cd player if you use a figure 8 plug 8i think many is from outside of uk)

797812460_929472-21.jpg.894403670f0850b0a544120fecb93b16.jpg

Edited by gasolin

4 minutes ago, gasolin said:

turning the pover pulg at the wall socket 180 degree  can be done if you have this kind of plugs or at the amp,cd player if you use a figure 8 plug 8i think many is from outside of uk)

797812460_929472-21.jpg.894403670f0850b0a544120fecb93b16.jpg

We don’t use those plugs. Usually like this:

image.jpeg.15dca490a86732bc23864b74fa61ef96.jpeg

Edited by StingRay

Unplug anything with an RCA cable.

Push it back in again and rotate a little while doing so.

Any contact oxidation / muck might get cleaned up in the process.

Edited by t1no

44 minutes ago, huzy said:

Basing on experience I am recommending "audiophile fuses" by especially Synergistic Research.As of yet I have not come across more effective tweak

Lol 

No 

• Like 4