Series 3 driven by KDSM

Have recently brought the series three speakers and run them off my KDSM 

they are amazing little beasts 

enjoying some Harry Potter music

E40AF0F2-6428-44B2-BB45-4C3207229E95.jpeg

• Like 2

I wonder what kind of wizardry Linn used to make them sound so good? 

• Like 1

Please excuse my ignorance, but why do you connect the series 3 speakers to your KDSM if there are already amps, wifi and DACs inside them?

56 minutes ago, SnapperMike said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but why do you connect the series 3 speakers to your KDSM if there are already amps, wifi and DACs inside them?

I thought that Neale actually had a KEDSM, though that's not what his Wigwam info says. Either way, he must be running his Exakt 350s from an Exakt port on the DSM. Depending on which model Neale does have, there are either two or four such ports, and I guess that the only way he can be running the Series 3s is from another Exakt port.

Later: it now occurs to me that Neale is also using the Urika II. So if he has a KDSM, its two ports will be insufficient for both sets of speakers and the Urika. The KEDSM, with four ports, would be fine.

David

Edited by DavidHB

2 hours ago, DavidHB said:

I thought that Neale actually had a KEDSM, though that's not what his Wigwam info says. Either way, he must be running his Exakt 350s from an Exakt port on the DSM. Depending on which model Neale does have, there are either two or four such ports, and I guess that the only way he can be running the Series 3s is from another Exakt port.

Later: it now occurs to me that Neale is also using the Urika II. So if he has a KDSM, its two ports will be insufficient for both sets of speakers and the Urika. The KEDSM, with four ports, would be fine.

David

I’ve been to Neale’s home many times, and the picture he is showing with the Series 3 speakers is not his listening room with his Katalyst 350’s and Akudoriks, which is on another floor.

‘This is probably a picture from his living room on the main floor. 😊

It could be a pair of 302 versions which need an Exakted DSM of some description.

The 301 looks like it has only an Exakt output but perhaps the Exaktport is configurable in Konfig to change it to an input although Linndocs suggests this can only be used with Urika II but this diagram suggests that Urika II can be connected to a 302 and onward to a 301? Strange that Urika II can be connected but not EDSM?

Series3-wiring-Stereo-Full_KIT_LP12.png

Edited by sunbeamgls

39 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

It could be a pair of 302 versions which need an Exakted DSM of some description.

Of course. That makes sense. I was puzzling over the connections I could see. Now I think about it, was not Neale buying the 302s for use as rears? That could mean that he is driving them from his DSM in the other room.

39 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

Strange that Urika II can be connected but not EDSM?

I think it can. It's just that, in the diagram you show, all 3 Exakt ports are in use.

David

Edited by DavidHB

21 minutes ago, Seriousjon said:

C'est Milou n'est ce pas?

Ah, I thought I recognised him. Thank you.

’troll

Yes two 302

running from my spare klimax 

I brought them to try 7.1 up stairs 

Did you try to listen to them on stands off the floor? I think they would've benefited given Linn is now offering stands. Glad to see folks getting the series three, not much scuttlebutt about them thus far. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1