Your 2020 Upgrades and plans for 2021

Hi and thanks for the advice , I did consider a Majik LP 12 , but firstly liked the idea of hanging onto my first LP12 , and secondly did not think that selling my LP12 would fund the difference. You do not see many like mine for sale , but I assumed it would be worth £750ish.

Regards

Alby

• Like 1

8 hours ago, akamatsu said:

New is the way to go.

It depends on the OPs future intentions. How many of you have stuck with the Majik PS? - a recapped Lingo is a world of difference. The OP also mention both MM and MC - how many of you would recommend putting an MC on a Krane? (I've not even heard the combination, and actually only heard a Krane once. My  Ittok suggestion did include getting a full service if necessary - it handles some of the best MCs out there and even at it's current strong pricing there  is little to touch it -  maybe a Nima at a push.  Personally I also feel there are much better options than the Adikt out there - but I guess they in effect come free  with a new  Majik (I'd be moving that on though).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alby said:

but firstly liked the idea of hanging onto my first LP12 , and secondly did not think that selling my LP12 would fund the difference. You do not see many like mine for sale , but I assumed it would be worth £750ish.

Sorry Albi, our posts crossed  - keeping the plinth does emotionally keep you attached! I think that you are correct- your's would probably fetch around £750 - maybe a little more on eBay but fees would knock it back again.

Last weekend I made the step from single-amping to bi-amping my Selekt DSM. 
What a difference in flexibility and detail rendering..
Recommended 🔈🔈😊🔈🔈

selekt.png.02964940c2745475f2ccfc945b40a94a.png

• Like 1

Super Wammer
19 hours ago, Dasher said:

So with the above in mind, here goes:

New Karousel Bearing  (£750) and pre-owned Majik Chassis (circa £250)

Lingo 1 and a fresh recap: (circa £500)

Good used Ittok - preferably either serviced or inspected by Audio Origami (circa £650)

How about the Karousel, Lingo 1, and Instead of Majik Sub-chassis, go with the Kore (£800), keep the arm, and put a cheap Audio Technica cartridge on it? This would provide a solid, under the top plate foundation. The tonearm could be upgraded at the owner's leisure.

Edited by akamatsu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

How about the Karousel, Lingo 1, and Instead of Majik Sub-chassis, go with the Kore (£800), keep the arm, and put a cheap Audio Technica cartridge on it? This would provide a solid, under the top plate foundation. The tonearm could be upgraded at the owner's leisure.

Yes - that also works. Akito 2 with a Kore means no need to drill out the arm rest hole either. I'm trying to decide whether to do this for the Ittok with my spare Kore - or to sell it and keep the Majik sub chassis  that is already in place on my Ittok equipped deck. There is a difference between the two  - but the difference between Akito 2 and Ittok is bigger (much bigger if considering MC). A good Ittok can be keeper - a Kore is a stepping stone to a Keel!!

• Like 1

Super Wammer
15 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

And then there’s the 50th Anniversary in 2023…

likely all sorts of new goodies.

’troll

I might as well grant Linn power of attorney over all my bank accounts. 😁

Edited by akamatsu
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

And then there’s the 50th Anniversary in 2023…

likely all sorts of new goodies.

Yeah, a $50,000 LP12 with a bottle of 50 year old scotch!

:pint:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Super Wammer

Plans for 2021 now firmed up -  a new kitchen :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

At least it’s spelled with a K. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

I share your pain (but actually may just upgrade the Classik that currently sits in there for an MDSM at the same time)😀

Edited by Dasher
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

So is Kennel....just saying'!

• Haha 1

On 07/09/2021 at 12:30, sunbeamgls said:

Yep, been there 😒 Sadly we just have to suck it up and look forward to better times ahead.  I’m still working out how to get a NGKSH into the house….

• Like 1

On 07/09/2021 at 07:36, akamatsu said:
On 07/09/2021 at 07:30, sunbeamgls said:

On 07/09/2021 at 07:45, Dasher said:

So is Kennel....just saying'!

I did the new Kitchen in 2017 so I'm all good there.  But now Kennel, yeah that's me for 2021 as I just got a new black lab puppy, Lily, and had to set up the Krate for her.

However, I am also planning on adding a Lejonklou Källa streamer/DAC next month.  It has a K but I'm not sure it counts as it is actually pronounced Shell-ah!

Edited by ThomasOK
  • Like 1