WTD: Kimber 8TC or Audioquest Rocket 44 or similar!

Gary

Hi all, long time lurker here...

I'm currently looking for an upgrade of my Audioquest Rocket 11 speaker cable and was thinking perhaps that Kimber 8TC or Rocket 44 might serve me well.

Not fussy on length, in fact the shorter the better, and I'm also open to suggestions based on my modest little system of a Hegel H90 running Magnepan LRS.

If anyone has anything suitable they're willing to sell, or even just a suggestion or two, I'd be very grateful to hear of it. Will it even make that much of a difference? Now there's a thorny subject but I'm equally eager to hear any thoughts on that too.

Many thanks in advance...

Welcome to the wam Gary 👍

I have tried several speaker cable types over the years incuding the Kimber 8TC,Missing Link pure silver reference, + copper version,Van -Damme & others I can't recall tbh.

I feel I can safely say there was no significant loss or gain between them frankly other than full or empty wallet. My advice is buy some music put it on & enjoy😝😝😝 

37 minutes ago, darthvadersdad said:

Welcome to the wam Gary 👍

I have tried several speaker cable types over the years incuding the Kimber 8TC,Missing Link pure silver reference, + copper version,Van -Damme & others I can't recall tbh.

I feel I can safely say there was no significant loss or gain between them frankly other than full or empty wallet. My advice is buy some music put it on & enjoy😝😝😝 

Hahaha yeah I know what you mean, still I can't help but fiddle with it :)

With thanks to familyguy I now have some Audioquest Rocket 44's on the way, however I am still open to some Kimber 8TC speaker cables if anyone has some to shift. Or something else for that matter, I'm always open to suggestion.

With things as they are I can think of worse ways to spend an evening or two than playing with new cables over a glass of wine :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/12/2020 at 00:24, Gary said:

however I am still open to some Kimber 8TC speaker cables if anyone has some to shift. Or something else for that matter, I'm always open to suggestion.

Try Zu Audio Libtec, it is a very, very good cable from the US company founded by former Kimber designer. It is discontinued but regularly sold on eBay UK by Zu Promo for peanuts considering the quality of the cable. I would preferred it to 8TC or Rocket in my system.  Zu Audio guys are easy to deal with and the manufacture quality is impeccable.

Edited by Audinista
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...