audio_PHIL_e

Free to good home

Upright Piano

"The Claremont" believed to be approx 90 years old. Nice old thing, but will require tuning after its next move. I've kept it at concert pitch while I've had it. Letting it go as I intend taking over my mum's piano and I won't have room for both. New owner collects.

EDIT Just realised my personal info doesn't say where I live. Nearest town is Leominster.
Edited by audio_PHIL_e
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The problem we had was firstly finding someone who wanted it and secondly, finding someone who had the means to take it! The guy who took ours firstly said he’d wheel it across our wooden floor. I pointed out that perhaps the floor might not like small brass castors pressed into it......the guy who delivered it to us, however, had a piano trolley, which was amazing for its size. They can be hired, AFAK?

Otherwise, some sheets of timber or thick site plastic might be handy, to prevent damage. Ours also had to go up/ down six steps outside the front door!

yes i am helping a friend try to get rid of a grand piano , at one point it sold for about 100 quid . i belive its quite a lot to move them so no success so far 

Unfortunately, no piano is free, as you have to pay someone to move it for you or with you. We ended up putting ours on some kind of “pianos wanted” site 😉

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, hifinutt said:

yes i am helping a friend try to get rid of a grand piano , at one point it sold for about 100 quid . i belive its quite a lot to move them so no success so far 

I'd love to have a house big enough for a Grand Piano!

EDIT: Don't think I'd like to pay the Council Tax on it though

Edited by audio_PHIL_e
  • Like 1

On 06/01/2021 at 16:30, mr neds said:

Unfortunately, no piano is free, as you have to pay someone to move it for you or with you. We ended up putting ours on some kind of “pianos wanted” site 😉

Moved my first one on a "borrowed" groundsman's trolley and wheeled it across Newcastle, took seven of us to get it into our upstairs flat in Benwell.

Sold it to the next tenants for three times what i paid for it!

Someone once asked me if I would gig with my Rhodes Stage Piano. It was in a 1st floor music room at the time. I said - yes, so long as YOU load it into the van and unload it, and get it back up here afterwards. He lost interest quite rapidly.