Turn it up!

Tidal HD or Amazon HD?

13 minutes ago, StingRay said:

I think Qobuz catalogue has improved over the last 2 years, but there are still some gaps, but Tidal did not fill as many of the gaps as I was expecting.

But depends what genres you play.

Amazon HD has cd and HiRes quality. But Qobuz has the most HiRes albums. 

My music tastes are all over the place and I found with Qobuz at least 25% of music I wanted was not there but this was actually at least three years ago. I'll see if there's an offer and try it again as I've heard the audio quality is very good. I'm not particularly anti Amazon but I feel they get enough out of me as it is! I'd rather support another streaming option if possible.

10 minutes ago, Turn it up! said:

My music tastes are all over the place and I found with Qobuz at least 25% of music I wanted was not there but this was actually at least three years ago. I'll see if there's an offer and try it again as I've heard the audio quality is very good. I'm not particularly anti Amazon but I feel they get enough out of me as it is! I'd rather support another streaming option if possible.

Qobuz are doing a 1 month free trial at the moment.

Amazon on the Node was very disappointing.

The interface on the Node I have found for Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz are all very similar. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Nearly bewildered said:

What's a multiple instance?  I'm a fan of qobuz too..

<<Picking words carefully>>

You don't need a family subscription.  A single instance is just you playing Qobuz on one device. No one else can access your account.  Multiple instances could be, me playing in car, SWMBO playing something different at home, kids at college another stream etc. All concurrently with lots of different users on different devices, all listening to something different.

There is a Family subscription, but it’s not needed.  

I have been with Qobuz since 2014 years and have Studio Sublime, so it may be some long term perk, or just not rigidly policed policies. Unlike Spotify who far more rigid in controlling number of devices, access points per account.  

20 minutes ago, Chumpchops said:

You don't need a family subscription.  A single instance is just you playing Qobuz on one device. No one else can access your account.  Multiple instances could be, me playing in car, SWMBO playing something different at home, kids at college another stream etc. All concurrently with lots of different users on different devices, all listening to something different.

I have been with Qobuz since 2014 years and have Studio Sublime, so it may be some long term perk, or just not rigidly policed policies. Unlike Spotify who far more rigid in controlling number of devices, access points per account.  

I believe Tidal changed their sign on procedures to prevent multiply users using the same account. I now have to sign on more frequently, my Tidal account may disappear from the Node and have to be re-added.

32 minutes ago, Chumpchops said:

The subscription I have is just one user unfortunately..I have tried using two devices at same time ..no dice 🎲

I use Qobuz via Roon but I have a Chromecast Audio attached to my streamer / DAC via optical so that my family (and myself sometimes) can cast to it from Spotify. 

My friends send me links via Spotify so it’s easier to listen to them onSpotify than look them up on Qobuz 

Btw. Qobuz looks AMAZING on Roon ios (iphone)

It's re skinned and also has additional functions like 'recent' and the ability to generate a radio station from your recent listens. I am so impressed. 

Not sure if I”m the lone voice here but I love Tidal hifi! 
Easy user interface both on my phone and on my Mac. Plus now you can stream direct from Tidal to your bluOs device too.

Just my two penneth 

• Upvote 2

My monthly subscription is Tidal family which I pay for my Daughter and close mates. I use Tidal most of the day offline in the van or car. I find integration via my node 2 or Powernode 2i easy. Most of my music is available. 
Since last February I started a Thursday night roughly 30 minute Tidal playlist shared with a mate via WhatsApp which is enjoyable. We also once a month create and share a Progtastic Tidal playlist. I’m happy with the sound quality.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Reading the posts I think I'm going to stick with Tidal. I wasn't particularly unhappy with it just wondered if other services were offering anything better. Seems there has not been any real changes since I last tried other streaming services and Amazon appears to have problems with the Node. If Spotify could switch to CD I'd be more than happy with that as I rate their algorithms and radio services but the MP3 format is just not good enough for me. 

Cheers

Edited by Turn it up!

Posted (edited)

I have Amazon music, good choice but crap quality, imagine 128kbs + mp3s on a good day, I cant understand why they offer two services one HD and non HD, I'm sure Jeff Bezos can just let us have the best streaming service at one quality (good) over the competitors :( And as good as TIDAL (the best I've tried, but crap choice)  

Edited by eddie-baby