15 hours ago, TheFlash said:

If a sulky child takes its ball home, and you have other balls to play with, you'll only work so hard for so long to negotiate the return of the original ball. You know that one day the sulky child wil realise that whilst they have taken back control of their ball, they have no-one else to play with. They'll hang around near the goals, hoping to catch a loose ball and throw it back onto the pitch, hoping that one day they'll be invited to join in. But they won't be on the pitch which is of course where they belong.

Who wants to sit at home and play with their balls?  Whatever floats your boat.

Edited by Ron Hilditch
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. None whatsoever. Regardless of our personal feelings, the entire mess has caused massive division among people who otherwise have much in common. There is absolutely zero benefit to anyo

Please try to keep comments on-topic, by which I mean as negative as possible. 

This Remainer pointed out, pretty much everything what would happen 3 or 4 years ago, if we went for a Hard Brexit. I was called a Traitor, a Quisling, a Bedwetter, a Fear Monger and a Remoaner. I wat

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Ron Hilditch said:

Couldn't do that I'm an Evertonian.

Never mind Ron, can't get everything right  :)

13 minutes ago, mr.me said:

Never mind Ron, can't get everything right  :)

True! Been living in hope since Joe Royle's team won the FA Cup in 1995.  

7 hours ago, Ron Hilditch said:

Who wants to sit at home and play with their balls?  Whatever floats your boat.

Brexit-voters, apparently.

6 hours ago, Ron Hilditch said:

True! Been living in hope since Joe Royle's team won the FA Cup in 1995.  

Which brings us back to Brexit. 25 years of "one day...". Nice link!

On 18/01/2021 at 11:59, Graham G said:

I voted remain, but it is what it is we all just have to get on with it, being embarrassed or disgruntled or uncertain of the rules won't change anything, unfortunately.

Believe it or not Little Britain seemed to manage ok before we entered the Common Market, i'm sure we'll all survive again, chins up :)

Yes I am embarrassed and rightly so someone brought a product in good faith with the understanding of aftercare and now that is being compromised I didn’t mention anything about being for or against brexit just his aftercare isn’t being honoured like it should be 

On 19/01/2021 at 13:27, Ron Hilditch said:

I voted for Brexit believing it was better for the UK.  You had the opposite view.  We both can't be right and maybe neither of us is? It might make no difference whatsoever.   We will only know in a few years time, not after a few days.  One Remainer contributing  to this thread said he wanted us to continue being a member of the EU.   Talk about bring in denial!

Denial for whom....?  Brexiteers thinking that UK is better of outside EU, or the ones who want to remain in EU....?

On 18/01/2021 at 12:59, Graham G said:

Believe it or not Little Britain seemed to manage ok before we entered the Common Market, i'm sure we'll all survive again, chins up :)

I'm afraid that's not really true.  Before the UK joined the EU its GDP growth was the worst of the major economies, and since joining its GDP growth has been at the top of the same league.  Of course, North Sea Oil also contributed to Britains change in fortunes, but the reality is the country was a mess right up to the point where it actually had to call for an IMF bailout in 1976  https://www.ft.com/content/3b583050-d277-11e6-b06b-680c49b4b4c0

Subsequently Oil has declined in importance and Services, and in particular Financial Services have become increasingly important.  Which makes it a bit of a shame that the "deal" did nothing for the City of London, and UK Financial Services providers can no longer operate in Europe as UK businesses. :(

• Upvote 2
17 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Denial for whom....?  Brexiteers thinking that UK is better of outside EU, or the ones who want to remain in EU....?

You can't Remain once you've left.  No good being in denial, our EU memberdhip is over.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ron Hilditch said:

No good being in denial, our EU memberdhip is over.

I see Brexit has had a nasty effect on your spelling too :shock:

17 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

I see Brexit has had a nasty effect on your spelling too :shock:

As our teachers used to tell us.  We were bring educated to be 'Factory Fodder.' Think when it comes to nastiness you could give me a few lessons?

8 hours ago, Ron Hilditch said:

You can't Remain once you've left.  No good being in denial, our EU memberdhip is over.

Yes but are the Brexiteers in denial for the reasons voting to leave EU, will it really be better or is it a form of denial......No one on Brexiteer argument have gone into specifics as to why it will be better outside EU, so  their argument can be considered as a form of denial as not wanting to focus on probable realities, just this notion 'lets get out of EU...?'  Rest of UK citizens will have to live with the outcome .......

Edited by Stargazer
11 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

Yes but are the Brexiteers in denial for the reasons voting to leave EU, will it really be better or is it a form of denial......No one on Brexiteer argument have gone into specifics as to why it will be better outside EU, so  their argument can be considered as a form of denial as not wanting to focus on probable realities, just this notion 'lets get out of EU...?'  Rest of UK citizens will have to live with the outcome .......

Remember that they are not the brightest.  They won, the UK lost - now they're pretending that it isn't so.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Ron Hilditch said:

As our teachers used to tell us.  We were bring educated to be 'Factory Fodder.' Think when it comes to nastiness you could give me a few lessons?

I have nothing to teach you Ron.

16 hours ago, meninblack said:

Remember that they are not the brightest.  They won, the UK lost - now they're pretending that it isn't so.

From a Brexiteer dullard to a Remainer intellectual.  Think we won a couple today?

1.  Irish trucks are now crossing to Cherbourg instead of Holyhead.  Irish truckers have for years been polluting our atmosphere, causing congestion and adding greatly to the wear and tear on our roads.  Yet never spending anything here.  Filling up in Ireland and then again only after they crossed the Channel.  We have an air quality crisis in the UK and tens of thousands of Irish trucks will no longer be spewing out pollution into our environment.  We were worried about congestion in Dover and Kent.  Surely this reduction in heavy vehicle traffic is a good thing?

2.  The Chairman of Nissan today praised Boris's Brexit Agreement.  Saying it has given Nissan a competitive edge.  They will be building a new model in Sunderland and will source the batteries from UK manufacturers.  So they consider prospects here are better after Brexit.

Don't forget Brexit is only three weeks old and the green shoots are already beginning to show.  

On another point although not mentioned in your post.  Many Remainers were apoplectic about how such a small industry was worthy of consideration, during the negotiations.  Talking about the Fishing Industry. Now some fishermen are upset at the current situation, their status to the Remoaners has reached epic levels.  No mention of all the restaurants that used to buy UK shellfish in the EU are closed due to the Covid crisis.  We might not be bright, but at least we aren't hypocritical.

• Haha 1